How to connect Sierra PinPoint to GpsGate Server
For Sierra Wireless MP700 read this http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8265
How to install
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Plugins. Click on "Get More Plugins"
3. Download and install Sierra.
4. Skip for hosted server. Open port 22335 for UDP in your firewall, and direct the traffic to the server you installed GpsGate Server on.
Verify the firewall is setup and the plugin is installed correctly.
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Devices
3. Click on "Test" for the listener you want to verify.
How to add a vehicle and how to add a device to a vehicle.
1. Login to your VehicleTracker application
2. Click "Add new User"
3. Select "Device" in "User Type" drop down. Click Next.
3. Enter a "username" and a "Name", which is the name displayed on the map and in list. Click "Next".
4. Click Next for Roles.
5. Click Next for Tags.
6. Select Device Type to "PinPoint ...".
7. Fill in the DEVICEID of the tracker.
8. Click Save.
Configure your device to send data to your servers public IP port 22335. You find the public IP in SiteAdmin under Devices.
1. Set *PPID to your servers IP address, you find this setting under PINPOINT -> Server 1
2. Set *PPDEVID to 1- TRUE, you find this setting under PINPOINT -> Server 1
3. Set *PPSNF to "11-GPS Data", "12-GPS+Date", "13-GPS+Date+RF" or "14-GPS+Date+RF+EIO" under PINPOINT -> Server 1
4. Set the device "DEVICEID" (in VehicleTracker) to *DEVICEID", which you find under "STATUS" in AceManager.
If you want to use your PinPoint tracker as a GPS connected to a local laptop (or on board computer) as well, please read this:
If you have your own server, please read this for trouble shooting:
To monitor data communication between tracker and server you can use the "Terminal". More info here:
If you can see data coming in from the GPS tracker in the Terminal, but you still don't get a position on the map, you can send the output from the Terminal to use together with information about your GPS tracker and we will take a look at it. Send it to "support at gpsgate . com"
Use Template Commands to manage your trackers remotely: