hieuiee

Icon Status Conditions

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:52 am

Hi there,

Is there a way to change the conditions of the status icons on the map?

For example, instead of 'Speed < 0.5km/h & ignition = on' for the 'Idle' icon and 'Speed < 0.5 km/h & ignition = off' for the 'Parked' icon, can it be changed to 'Speed < 0.5km/h between x and y minutes', then change to the 'Parked' icon after 'y' minutes?

Some of my trackers can't be wired up to the ACC/ignition so my icons will automatically go to the "parked" icon when it should be "idle".

Thanks in advance!

Fredrik

Re: Icon Status Conditions

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi,

We've been working hard on almost exactly that idea :)
In Beta now is the new customizable map markers. You create expressions ("speed < 0.5 km/h" etc) that map to different icons. Both the main position marker and three more in the label can be specified.

https://gpsgate.com/blogComment/introducing_smarter_and_more_flexible_map_markers
https://support.gpsgate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025545974-Map-markers-preview-release

Please try it out and see if it works for you, as said, still in Beta, so your feedback is valuable!
Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

hieuiee

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Works a treat Frederik - thanks!

Just some feedback or suggestions - the custom icons are showing up on the desktop version of the map just fine and working as described in the support article! Well done.

However, I'd love it if the icon could reflect on the status column in the vehicles panel and the icons showed in your Fleet Beta app for iPhone/Android. Could this possibly be done by changing the conditions on the default 'motion' (in italics on screenshot) icon set? I can't seem to edit it for some reason.

Thanks!

Fredrik

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Glad you like it!

Yes, showing these new icons in the vehicle panel list and info panel is in the works right now.
Also Fleet app will be updated in coming releases.

The icon set called "Motion" is the default - not changeable - set. You can copy/clone it to create new sets but it will always be there as a reference and fallback icons (similar to the default workspace).

Thanks again for trying it out, keep posting ideas.
Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”