bigman0510

Re: Dispatch 5 release notes and discussion

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:28 am

HI Andrew,
Thanks for the reply, have cycled services and server several times, still same error.

dre613

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 pm

I just noticed the problem with timeout issues ONLY happens when accessing GPS Gate server from the internet (WAN) when using dispatch from lan or intranet, no timeout issues occur. FYI

gpsgate.user

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:29 am

in reporting query, under Jobs table..WorkerID shows blank for all the job that caused the default DI1001 Completed Jobs (Vehicle) report did return any job completed data.
Regards,
gpsgate.user

limyo

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:17 am

Dear developer team,

I suggest Dispatch module:
-Should be able dock as windows and can move to another monitor in multi-monitor mode.
-All-in-one screen : simple see all information in one screen for first data entry. Please sample screen shot.
01- Shipment (Dispatch).jpg
Dispatch
01- Shipment (Dispatch).jpg (141.95 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
Hope you consider my suggest.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:09 am

Hi all,

Thanks for all the great suggestions and feedback in the thread. We are currently concentrating on underlying technology to make sure that Dispatch is scalable and performs well into the future but will be refocusing our efforts on features and usability in the upcoming months. Here are our newest patch notes which includes the first of these new features: Job comments and REST API.

Features
  • Dispatch REST API is now available with Job, Route and User/Job resources. See full documentation for all resources, request and response models on your server at /comGpsGate/api/v.1/test
  • Comment history feature is now available on jobs. Have conversations with workers on jobs and see a full audit trail of responses. Compatible with GpsGate Dispatch app
  • Bandwidth usage by HTTP push on large servers massively reduced (up to 95% lower bandwidth usage)
  • Browser memory usage by operators viewing Dispatch on large servers greatly reduced
  • More performance improvements in Dispatch app scripts (especially reading jobs in time ranges)
  • Unassigned jobs have a new, clearer background colour
  • Added missing language keys (Thank you Júlio)
  • Added the "State" field to job CSV import to allow jobs to be created in any state
  • Batch update for jobs by user ID available in scripting

Fixes
  • Fix for bug that implied no results were available in scripting call when cache was not yet built. Now returns null for no cache, and empty array result for no jobs when cache is available
  • Fix for bug that caused unintentionally cloned job when job on a worker was un-dispatched, then re-dispatched with an added comment
  • Fix for bug that required _APIRead or _APIReadWrite privileges when execution scripting API calls in Dispatch scripting. Standard Dispatch privileges and _ReadData are still respected to allow control of edit/read permissions
  • Fix to a bug where many Get/Read calls in Dispatch scripting unnecessarily require _Edit privileges
  • Fix to a bug that resulted in edits to jobs inside routes informing the UI twice for each change
  • Fix to a bug that led to slow response times when frequently making GetJobs calls when no jobs existed
  • Fixes to some reads with supplied time ranges not respecting local timezone in Dispatch scripting
  • Fixes to some misspelled documentation in Dispatch scripting
  • Fix to a bug that caused some legacy Dispatch 4 overnight tasks to still run on some servers causing unnecessary log spam when the process did not work
  • Fix to an issue where routes created from a schedule would inherit the current job states of their template route
  • Fix to a bug where some servers would not fetch some properties from jobs in reporting (WorkerID, Order etc.)
  • Run route scheduling sync process during the night to speed up reads during server busy times

Please note that this update depends on the newest Updates.v5 patch.
Regards,
Andrew
GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi all,

Please note that this update contains changes to the Dispatch web service endpoints. This means that you will need to update both the server plugins and the mobile app on client devices.

As compensation for this inconvenience we are giving you all full access to both our mobile app code and our Dispatch APIs along with a commitment to avoid breaking changes to the interfaces in the future. From now onward, changes to our services will be done through versioning letting you build your solutions against them with more confidence. Please read more at our new developer site.

Features
  • Addition of batch operations to Dispatch REST API
  • Restoration of PUT Route call in Dispatch REST API
  • Permissions standardised between REST and scripting calls. Reads now only require read permissions across the framework.
Fixes
  • Fix to shape of custom fields objects in Dispatch REST to be easier to consume and update
  • Fix for duplicate jobs sometimes being returned in REST Route reads
  • Fix for errors being thrown when querying a route that has no jobs attached in REST Route reads
  • Fix for spammy error logs when permissions aren't set up correctly for scripting API reads

Please note that this update depends on the newest Updates.v5 patch.
Regards,
Andrew
GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi all,

We have released another version of the Dispatch app that contains a bug fix to jobs not appearing in the UI when they are added via CSV import.

Please note that this update depends on the newest Dispatch patch from the beta.gpsgate.com plugin repository.

This version of the server is compatible with all previous versions of the Dispatch app so there is no harm to updating your server as soon as possible. The notes are as follows:

Features
  • Distance to worker is now indicated in the worker selection dropdown when choosing who will work on a job
Fixes
  • Testing Job type App Scripts will now work correctly
  • Localization has been added for charts in Dispatch Analyse panel
  • Compatibility with Dispatch app disappearing jobs fix
Regards,
Andrew
GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri May 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi all,

We have released another version of the Dispatch plugin that contains some serious performance improvements and a new feature. Make sure your plugin is up to date and begin your testing. We are already developing more features and fixes so stay tuned!

Changes
  • Autocomplete jobs feature added. Set jobs to completed status when the assigned worker moves to the job location
  • Addition of result pagination feature to Dispatch REST service
  • Removal of old SOAP services from older installations
  • Removal of Job notifier and job expression, scripting supports all these use cases and more
Fixes
  • Fix for some jobs not showing in results for scripting/REST calls
  • Fix for jobs not appearing sometimes in Dispatch app
  • Large performance improvement in dispatch batch operations
  • Large performance improvement in loading jobs to vehicle tracker UI on large servers
Regards,
Andrew
GpsGate Support

piter197

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:40 am

Hi GGS Team,

Thank you for providing new feature: Dispatch Schedule.

I have real case, that my customer use Dispatch for Salesman. They really need this Shcedule, but their need not only weekly interval, some of Salesman tasks are biweekly (like mon & thu, every 2 weeks), some tasks are three weekly (like fri, every three weeks).

I like to suggest to improve Schedule more flexible not only support weekly interval but also support every X days interval. Please consider. Thank you.
Best Regards,
piter197

Nagra

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Hello,

i´m not (yet) a user of that plugin, but it could turn out very helpfull for my company in several ways.
As far as i understand its nature and the way the plugin should be used i doubt that it´s on your agenda, but - is there any sort of syncronisation planned? (even possible?) As in: Syncing Tasks via Exchange or Google Tasks for example.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

JayFF

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi All,

When the "Return To Depot" option is selected, the route stops at the last job. We have a requirement that the displayed route be a complete loop, that is it should show the route all the way back to the first job.

Regards,
Jay
J. F. Florey

JayFF

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:58 am

Hi All,

We are continuing to explore the new Dispatch and there are some very promising new features. However we have also encountered a couple of strange behaviors:
Every time I log-out, or refresh the web page, all of the jobs in the dispatch tab disappear.
Jobs assigned and dispatched to one worker were appearing on the mobile device of a different worker.
I will keep updating the thread as I gain more experience and can provide greater detail about to reproduce the problems I have experienced.

Regards,
Jay
J. F. Florey

JayFF

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:37 am

Hi All,

A couple of more items:
Changes made to the settings of the Dispatch tab, for example increasing the number of workers displayed, do not persist from session to session even if the Workspace was saved after the changes were made.
The mobile Dispatch app struggled to maintain its connection to the server when using a Wi-Fi connection. Even though I was able to log into our Mobile web site, Dispatch app still showed a "Unable to connect to server" message.

Cheers,
Jay
J. F. Florey

limyo

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:16 am

Dear support team,

On my test server I have tried to install Dispatch beta release 5.0.0.1986 and Garmin beta release 5.0.0.1986, both cannot install.
Dispatch beta.gif
Dispatch beta
Dispatch beta.gif (135.97 KiB) Viewed 410 times
Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

johan
GpsGate

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:24 am

Please try again now.
Regards,