Note: for an updated version of this and other articles, we recommend you to check our knowledge base here
Mapbox map support for VehicleTracker
This plugin enables the use of the Mapbox maps.
How to install
0. Sign up for Mapbox at: https://account.mapbox.com/auth/signup/
Create a new map project here: https://studio.mapbox.com/
(Needed in step 2).
1. Download the Mapbox plugin from the GpsGate Server plugin repository "update.gpsgate.com"
You do this from SiteAdmin->Plugins and select Get More Plugins. Search for "Mapbox" and click Install.
(You might also need the updated "CoreMap" plugin, please install it as above if it's requested).
2. Go to SiteAdmin->Maps->Mapbox.
Enter your Mapbox "Access Token" and Map Style Url / ID in the fields named access_token and map_id respectively.
(See page in step 0).
(Some default Map styles can be found here also: https://docs.mapbox.com/api/maps/#styles)
3. Go to SiteAdmin->Applications and enable the plugin for the application(s) of your choice. You do that in Privileges and Roles->Enable/Disable Features, then select Maps->_UseMapPlugin->Mapbox.
- If you use a firewall please make sure this url-pattern is open:
- Please check the MapBox data plans and choose according to your needs: https://www.mapbox.com/pricing/
- While zooming, the map markers will not follow the animation until finished.
- Geocoding is not yet supported.