Greg

RE: FEATURE: ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor Intergation

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi,

On your ArcGIS server, if you go to ArcGIS GeoEvent Manager -> Components -> Transports, do you see the 'GpsGate Server Http Pull' transport? It should be version 10.3.0 of type inbound.

If it's not there, try to add it again manually. If it doesn't show up in the list after adding it then you need to go through the ArcGIS error logs and see what causes the transport not to install.

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi Greg,

We have tried the import on two different 10.3.1 machines. On one machine, the transport import succeeds and the Transport appears in the list as expected with version 10.3.0. On that machine, importing the GpsGateConnectorConfig failed with this error message:
Import configuration completed with errors. Imported the connector 'GpsGateConnector', however the transport 'com.esri.ges.transport.inbound/HTTP-GpsGateServer/10.3.1' is invalid (it probably doesn't exist).

On the other machine, I receive a message that importing the Transport succeeded, but it does not show up in the list of available transports. There are no error messages in the log. The .jar file has been copied to this location:
C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\deploy
I've tried refreshing the Transports page and logging out and logging back in.

Thanks as always for your help.

Jay

Greg

Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi Jay,

Let's start with the server in which you are able to install and see the GpsGate Server Http Pull Transport.

Have you changed anything in the GpsGateConnectorConfig.xml? There should be no reference in it to 'com.esri.ges.transport.inbound/HTTP-GpsGateServer/10.3.1'. The transport should be 'com.esri.ges.transport.inbound/HTTP-GpsGateServer/10.3.0' (Note the version number).

In ArcGIS GeoEvent Manager, if you navigate to GeoEvent -> Connectors -> Create Connector, can you see the HTTP-GpsGateServer under the Transport dropdown menu?

When the import configuration completes with the error, is it present in your Connectors list? If it is present, edit it and change the Transport to HTTP-GpsGateServer

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:04 am

Hi Greg,

I checked back in with the machine where the GpsGate Server Http Pull Transport displays on the Site ... Transports page with a version number of 10.3.0. The GpsGate Connector appears on the Connector page and is one of the options to select when creating a new input. The GpsGate Connector configuration page opens correctly. When we tried to create a new Input using the GpsGate connector we did not get to the configuration page to put in the URL and the time period. In the Input list the input displays with an error message:
Status: Error: Stopping Stream "GpsGate Input" because the Transport is not available.
I have screenshots from the machine but I can't figure out how to post them into the forum.

Regards,
Jay

Greg

Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:58 am

Hi Jay,

Try editing the connector, re-selecting the correct Transport, saving to ensure the correct transport is selected, and creating a new input.

*You can post images by providing a link to them between [img]LINK[/ img] (without the space between / and img in the closing bracket). You can store the images on Dropbox or any other online file sharing services. Alternatively, you can email them to me at support (AT) gpsgate.com

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:59 am

Hi Greg,

Thank you for pointing out that the GpsGateConnector configuration page had the wrong name for the Transport. I missed that one. We will update the Transport as you suggest and I will report back if that fixes the input error as well.

Regards,
Jay

J. F. Florey

jmannikko

Sat May 28, 2016 2:22 am

Is there any chance there will be a way to add some of the other vehicle data to the geoevent stream? The JSON data that currently comes out of the feed is limited to: username, userID, position (lng, lat), velocity (speed, heading), lastSeen. Records are included with the other method used. Specifically we are looking to include the vehicle tags in the data stream to assist with filtering (as that is how we use tags for view filtering within GpsGate now.)

J. Costa

Re: FEATURE: ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor Intergation

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:33 pm

I have also experienced the same problem when adding the Local Transport. I got a message saying that the transport has been successfully added, but the name doesn't show up in the list of available transports.

Our ArcGIS for Server is 10.4.1, so I assume that the problem is a versions' issue.

I have managed to make it work for a while, repeating the adding transport some times and configuring manually the connector and input service (instead of using the config file available, which didn't work), eventually it worked, the transport was on the list for a while and consequently the connector worked as well, but after less than an hour, it disappeared from the list again and I haven't been able to add it again ever since. Even delinting the physical .jar file and adding it back again through the geoEvent manager, it never showed up in the list again.

Are you plan to provide a transport compatible with 10.4.1 at some point ?

Thanks.

Greg

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi,

Do you have any errors in the error log of your ArcGIS installation? Without any sort of errors it is very hard to find the cause of this.
Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

Greg

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:38 pm

AcrGIS GeoEvent Processor 10.4.x is now supported. Update ArcGIS from beta.gpsgate.com in order to test.

If you run AcrGIS GeoEvent Processor 10.4.x you will first have to install the new transport and then recreate/modify your current connector so that it uses the newly installed Transport.

The new transport is available in the download section of our blog: http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/arcgis_g ... ntergation
Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

agcallis

Re: FEATURE: ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor Integration

Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:57 pm

I setup everything according to the ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor Integration Web Page. When I look at the ArcGIS GeoEvent Manager Log it shows inbound transporter has an error of a Request Failed HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. Any idea of why I am getting this error?

Greg

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:53 am

Hi,

Error 503 means that the service is unavailable, which can be caused by several things, including an invalid URL.
Please note that the actual URL might differ from the sample URL provided in the forum post depending on how GpsGate has been installed on your server.
Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi All,

Would you consider added the ability to filter vehicles in the REST query to pull positions? We are getting large customers with lots of vehicles in a single application and filtering would allow us to split the live vehicle update among multiple processes to improve performance. We are also getting customers who want different update intervals for different vehicles and filtering would make that implementation simpler.

Regards,
Jay
J. F. Florey

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”