Updated: How to connect devices to GpsGate, click here
This guide covers the setup of ATrack with a FMI enabled Garmin PND
All ATrack devices supporting Garmin FMI pass through mode is supported.
For discussions and feedback see:
Enable support in Gpsgate Server:
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Click Plugins
3. Install "ATrack"
4. Install "Garmin"
For full Chat and Dispatch support you need Chat and Dispatch as well.
Configure the device to connect to GpsGate Server
1. Use this guide to get the device connected to GpsGate Server:
2. You will also need to add the Garmin PND as a secondary device for the user.
3. Enable a secondary device for the "Device" User Type by open the User Type Editor found in the vehicle list setting menu.
4. Select "Device" in the User Type drop down list
5. Enable the checkbox found at the right side for the "Device 2" section.
6. Click "Save"
7. Open the Edit User form for your user
8. Select "Garmin PND" as device type in the "Device 2" section
9. Click "Save"
For more info about edit users and user type see:
Configure the ATrack device to work with a Garmin PND
1. The position report must in binary format. To do so use this command:
2. Set up the serial port:
3. Enable FMI pass through mode:
Tips and troubleshooting
To monitor data communication between tracker and server you can use the "Terminal". More info here:
<font color="red">Please verify that the wiring below is valid for your device and cable.
We will not be responsible for any damage to the hardware.</font id="red">
The FMI cable consist of 3 wires for communication and two for power supply.
FMI White -> Serial pin 2
FMI Yellow -> Serial pin 3
FMI Brown -> Serial pin 5
FMI Black/Red should be connected to suitable power source according to the cable specifications.