Note: for an updated version of this and other articles, we recommend you to check our knowledge base here
How to send commands over GPRS when the tracker connects
This explains how to create a Template Command that is sent back to the tracker when it connects. This is very useful if you have a tracker that is not always connected to your server. If the tracker is connected when the command is executed it will be sent right away.
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Devices (top menu)
3. Go to Commands (left menu)
4. Select Protocol in drop down.
5. Select New... in Command drop down.
6. Enter a Name. No spaces allowed.
7. Select "tcp" in First Attempt drop down.
8. Leave Template field blank.
9. Click Save.
10. Click Add Step button
11. Enter the command into the Template field.
12. Select "tcp" in First Attempt drop down.
13. Click Save
You now see two steps. The first step has a blank Template. The second contains the actual command sent to the device.
14. Select the Device Types you want this command enabled for.
15. Click Save Command.
Now test the command!
Using the "Terminal" you can access any tracker in your system. Send commands, and monitor communication. This is a great tool for trouble shooting and advanced device management. More info:
Send Template Command when Event Rule is triggered
Use the "Device Manager" to send a command to a batch of GPS trackers: