Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 pm

NEW FEATURE - Take control of your reports
Progress and processing status.

Install / Update
Patch.3840 v3.1.0.4280 or later
Reporting v3.1.0.4264 or later

How to use

VehicleTracker:
User will now get progress information when a report is beeing processed.
The user can close the report window at any time and get a notification in VehicleTacker main UI when the report is ready.
By clicking the report in the notification area placed at the right bottom corner, the user can view it without further processing. Progress information of pending reports will also be available here.

SiteAdmin:
Reporting -> Job Viewer
In this section all report jobs performed last 14 days can be viewed.
For each job performance timings, errors, email- and processing status is listed.

Regards,
GpsGate Support
Bjorn Andersson

limyo

RE: NEW FEATURE - Take control of your reports

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:38 pm

I had installed this beta on my test server.
The "Preview" button disable, so I can not generate new report.

Best regards
Yo Lim

johan
GpsGate

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:08 pm

This is by design. Please save the report first, and the preview button should enable.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

limyo

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Yes it work this way.
But how if user want to run report just one time and don't want to save report?

And also customer create from new report than they save again and later again, too many.

I suggest the Preview button should appear when open new report as before.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

johan
GpsGate

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Maybe you should not allow (all) your customers to create new reports. Instead the customer can set the parameters you have allowed to be set when the customer views the report.

In this way the customer will get a more controlled and reliable user experience.

Also consider to schedule as many reports as possible to be emailed daily/weekly/monthly to your customers.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

ggsgeek

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Allowing customers to create Reports will cause uninvited problems. It is better you create reports for them and restrict or hide the parameters. Let customers come to you every-time they need a new report.

limyo

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 pm

1. Not allow customer create new report may be difficult for them if they need to add more parameter save as default.
Ex. Time on site, he already create event rule "Site1" and already saved in report. After awhile he create another event rule "Site2" , how he can add this parameter and save as default for future use?
*It also happen when add new vehicle, and other event rule and want to save as default for future use.

2. Yes schedule email is an appropriate way.
But some time they can not use report period from email, they need a different period for verification, in meeting purpose, and some other urgent report. In this case they need to generate report any time they need.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

johan
GpsGate

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:15 pm

The purpose of the "Create Report" feature is to create reports.

*It also happen when add new vehicle, and other event rule and want to save as default for future use.

This should be done by adding and removing vehicles to Tags. And in this way include/exclude vehicles from different reports.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

tommyexlee

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Hello,
I updated Reporting to this BETA version and encountered one problem (which may be not because of beta plugin, but it's first time I see it).
I have a specific data provider:
Select when data should be written -> Column value change -> Monitor column : SamplingEnd
I know it's not very efficient, but it's accurate and meets our clients ecpectations.
One of the data which I collect is Distance(GPS) (TrackPoint), which I sum in the end and that gives me accurate travelled distance.
There was however one problem. When I processed a report, it showed that distance between two close points (maybe 1 meter one from another) is 207km (which gave me error in the end of 207km). I kept choosing the same period of time and the error continued. I didn't know what was going on, so in panic I kept chosing different periods of time. When I got back to the original period, it reprocessed data and everything is ok now.
I post this to let you know, that there was an error in processing data. This is my first encounter of such error, I didn't have problems before update.
What do you think caused this? Was it because of beta update?

Best Regards,
Thomas

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something is impossible, give it to someone who doesn't know that, and he will do it.

johan
GpsGate

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:42 pm

tommyexlee: Questions regarding creating and customizing reports should be posted in the Developers section of the forum: forum.asp?FORUM_ID=7

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

tommyexlee

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:42 am

Sorry about that, but I don't think it was a question about customizing raports (because my raports has worked fine for few months). I wanted to point that there could be something wrong with this beta plugin and processing data (so you could check for example). Anyway, this was one time phenomenon, and it happend in only one car. When it happens again I will be sure to point it in new proper topic.

Sorry for trouble.
Best Regards,
Thomas

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something is impossible, give it to someone who doesn't know that, and he will do it.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”