Note: for an updated version of this and other articles, we recommend you to check our knowledge base here
GUIDE: File Reports, export CSV data to other systems.
This guide explain how to use File Reports. This feature can be used to export data from GpsGate Server to other systems, by the saving of CSV files in a share folder or a ftp server.
Another area of usage is to store all reports as PDF files in the file system for historical reference.
Activate File Report in your application.
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Select application
3. Select _EditFileReportSchedule option in the Reporting plugin.
Or use the "Batch edit" feature to enable _EditFileReportSchedule in multiple applications at once.
Schedule report in application
1. In the VehicleTracker application, select Reports->Manage Reports in the menu.
2. Select one of the reports, in the list, either editing or opening report.
3. Set the parameters of the report, period, events and tags for which the report applys.
4. Set schedule of the report to "file save". And select when the File Reports should be generated, and a Tag of recipient users.
Note that you still must specify a Tag of recipients! If there are multiple users in the recipient Tag a report will be saved for each username.
When using "File Report" for export to a third party system, you typically want to create a dedicated export user for this.
Where the File Reports are saved
The File Reports will be saved in a file/folder strucuture like this:
[GpsGateServer root folder]\FileReports\App_[ApplicationID]\[Username]\[Name of Report]_[yyyyMMdd].[file extention]
Change path to where File Reports are saved
There is a NTFS file system feature called Junction:
You can use this to sync your files to another path for example to your Dropbox.
If you edit the path and run the following command it will "link" the FileReports folder into your dropbox folder.
mklink /J c:\your\dropbox\folder\for\filereports c:\GpsGateServer\FileReports