GpsGate Server v3.1 BETA released!!
Plugins included in the BETA release are:
Core, Driver Journal, Basic One, Reporting, Branding. Only Core is mandatory.
You find them under beta.gpsgate.com, use the "Change URL" button under SiteAdmin -> Plugins.
This topic will be updated frequently with news about v3.1 BETA!
How to upgrade your current installation
Upgrade Core from "beta.gpsgate.com"
We will support any upgrades. But it is wise to not make the upgrade yet on a 100+ server. You cannot undo the upgrade.
How to make a clean install.
First install GpsGate Server 3.0 here:
Then upgrade Core, and other plugins, from "beta.gpsgate.com"
If you want to re-install follow this guide:
What is included
* PDF reports topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15107
* New management of users, tags, views, roles and event rules integrated to map view. You never leave Map View. This is great! topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15015
* Driver Journal. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/driver_j ... a_released
* Interval Event. Can be used for a elementary maintenance setup. topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15098
* Branding. You will loose any branding when upgrading to 3.1. You need to use the Branding Plugin to apply the branding again. After install, you find it under SiteAdmin -> Settings -> Branding.
* The _ReadData privilege and _Me tag introduces a whole new concept on how to setup your customer applications. Reports, Views and Event Rules can be made much more generic and you control who can see what using _ReadData and _Me. This will save you a lot of work.
Using _ReadData to determine who can see which vehicle data topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15060
Using the _Me tag to only see your own data topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15061
* Batch edit. How to make one change to a group of applications topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15091
* Server side _Odometer topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15099
* Geofences can now be set to "Always visible", and different tags of geofences can have different colors.
* TrackingSchedule Only saves position updates inside time schedule. A typical use is to make sure a vehicle is only tracked during business hours. topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15084
* It is possible to email reports to addresses not registered on the server.
More information will be published shortly!