johan
GpsGate

GUIDE: One shot events.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Note: for an updated version of this and other articles, we recommend you to check our knowledge base here

GUIDE: One shot events.

Event Rules needs to turn to false first before they can trigger a new notification, that is a new SMS, email, blinking icon etc. But sometimes you want a new event for each signal.

Example:

You have a device which sends SOS signals. Each time a new (SOS) signal comes from the device you want a new event to be triggered. But since there is no signals in between that turns the Event Rule false, no new events are triggered.

You solve this by using "One shot events".

To turn an Event Rule into a "One Shot Event" click on "Show advanced options" In Step 4. and then add the exact same Expression that triggers the event as an "end expression".

Example:

Set "SOS" "Equals" "True" both as the "Expression" in Step 4, and as an "end expression" under "Show advanced options".

Now the event will trigger for each SOS signal that comes in.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

mcollaboration

RE: GUIDE: One shot events.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:04 pm

I have tried that but it seems that advance option cannot save the changes I made. each time I setup the expression and saved my work and go back to look again. It show the same expression without the end expression.

mcollaboration

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:35 am

I wanted to let you know that when you put the expression and end expression the same it just cancel out the end expression after you save

Also how do you clear out the event because after let say sos. Event happened and nothing else will be able to happen again unless I delegates the event rule and start another one that is not his it works right? Please help I need to set this up for all of my clients

Thanks

johan
GpsGate

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:07 pm

I wanted to let you know that when you put the expression and end expression the same it just cancel out the end expression after you save

Make sure you have updated all your plugins under SiteAdmin -> Plugins. All plugins should be listed as "green". Then try again.

Also how do you clear out the event because after let say sos. Event happened and nothing else will be able to happen again unless I delegates the event rule and start another one that is not his it works right? Please help I need to set this up for all of my clients

Yes, and you use "One shot event rules" to make that work.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

mcollaboration

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Yes, I have updated all the plugin already they are all green. But, it just can not let me save the same value into expression and end expression

johan
GpsGate

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Please install "Patch.3019". More info:
http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13469

Then try again.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

mcollaboration

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

I already have patch.3019 installed before I ask these questions.

johan
GpsGate

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:47 pm

1. Delete the Event Rule.
2. Add the Event Rule again.

Now try again.

And after adding the End Expression. make sure you click on "Save" at the end of the page.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

mcollaboration

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 pm

I have just deleted all of my event rule and added the end expression and save at the end of the page but it did not work. when I go back again it did not show the end expression.

johan
GpsGate

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:07 pm

OK, we have been able to repeat cases when End Expression is not saved as you say. We will release a new "Patch.3019" with a fix. When this is done "Patch.3019" will turn "red" under SiteAdmin -> Plugins and you can update it. And you will also find information here:

Sorry for the frustration this has caused you.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

mcollaboration

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:12 pm

do you know when this will be done? Because my customers are a bit different (law enforcement), so the fact that they can get sms and email when an event happen is very important. Thanks.

johan
GpsGate

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Probably the coming week.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

mcollaboration

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:32 pm

ok thank you very much

johan
GpsGate

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:48 pm

This issue is now fixed, please update "Patch.3019"

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

mcollaboration

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:28 am

Hi thank you for the update. I am able to set the same expression for both expression and end expression and able to save it. However, this happened. After two SOS alerts, I tested which worked fine. It stopped working again. I also setup an analog expression which you had described in http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13585&SearchTerms=20,min . Well after the two SOS, nothing works again. Are you able to replicate this? I am still having trouble.

Please help thanks.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”