Note: for an updated version of this and other articles, we recommend you to check our knowledge base here
Cleanup deletes old history data. In this way you can keep a maximum size of your database. After installation you actively need to enable Cleanup before any data will be deleted.
Steps to Install
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to "Plugins".
3. Download and install "Cleanup".
Enable Cleanup and specify site settings
1. Go to Settings -> Cleanup
2. Set a time when you want the cleanup to run. Typically in the middle of the night.
3. Check "Enabled"
4. Set "Keep history" periods.
Session: this is how long time login information is kept. It is recommended to set this value to 1 month.
Track data: this is how long track and event history is kept.
Report data: how long you want to keep reporting data. Requires Reporting 18.104.22.16809 or later
Alarm closes "blinking alarms.
You can specify a separate time period to keep data for each application.
1. Go to Application -> Cleanup
2. Select application from drop down.
3. Set period to keep data.
The application setting cannot be longer than the site setting.
How to archive data before it is cleaned up
Cleanup v22.214.171.1247 Released: 2018-11-15
Cleanup v126.96.36.1995 Released: 2018-08-16
- Enabled/disabled on Archiving Cleanup Rules wasn't checked, now works as expected.
Cleanup v188.8.131.525 Released: 2018-02-15
- Improves app creation time on servers with many applications
Cleanup v184.108.40.20633 Released: 2017-03-28
* Works with latest version of Archiving.
Cleanup v220.127.116.1172 Released: 2016-08-10
- "Close Alarms" cleanup provider now supports period of 1 and 2 months
Cleanup v18.104.22.16879 Released: 2016-07-04
- Compatibility for new track storage format
Cleanup v22.214.171.12456 Released: 2015-10-07
* Support archiving data before cleanup.
Read More: http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/archiving_tracks
* Support for shorter cleanup periods
Cleanup v126.96.36.19915 Released: 2015-07-13
Cleanup v188.8.131.5239 Released: 2015-06-02
* FIX: Compatibility for new track data storage
Cleanup v184.108.40.20625 Released: 2015-05-05
* FIX: Cleanup of Track Data fix when using Microsoft SQL Server
* FIX: Accumulator data cleanup
Cleanup v220.127.116.113 Released: 2015-02-09
* FIX: Added option to keep data up to 6 and 7 year
* FIX: Issue executing cleanup when using Microsoft SQL Server
Cleanup v18.104.22.1684 Released: 2015-01-13
* FIX: Allow individual applications to keep data for a longer period than specified by the global setting
Cleanup v22.214.171.1246 Released 2014-10-14
* FIX: Cleanup of Event data sometimes fails for Microsoft SQL Server
Cleanup v126.96.36.1999 Released 2014-09-16
* FIX: Cleanup of Track data sometimes fails for Microsoft SQL Server
* FEATURE: Cleanup of Event Data
Cleanup v188.8.131.527 Released 2014-08-12
* FIX: Do not remove accumulator corrections
Cleanup v184.108.40.2062 Released 2014-03-10
- Fixed performance problems that could block database.
Cleanup v220.127.116.1197 Released 2013-05-13
- Progress information is now shown in Queue Viewer.
Cleanup v18.104.22.16866 Released 2012-09-25
- Can now automatically close "blinking" alarms after 1, 2, 3 or 7 days. This can be set on server or application level.
- "Session" cleanup will now also cleanup old items in Command Queue.
- Can now run in parallel with report processing.
- Added intervals 3, 4 and 5 years.
- Works better on large installations.
- Works better with MSSQL.