JonasJ

Plugin: Live video in VehicleTracker with Bambuser

Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Live video plugin (using Bambuser web service)

Here is a plugin to demonstrate how to connect a live video stream to a vehicle in VehicleTracker. GpsGate has a flexible plugin framework, which you can use to easily extend functionallity. Source code is included in this sample.

Installation

GpsGate Server 3.0+ only

0. Download the plugin from the GpsGate Server plugin repository, labsupdate.gpsgate.com. Login to SiteAdmin. Go to Plugins. Change URL to labsupdate.gpsgate.com Go to Get More Plugins. Install Bambuser.

1. Go to SiteAdmin->Applications and enable the plugin for the application(s) of your choice. You do that in Privileges and Roles->Enable/Disable Features, then select PLugins->Bambuser.

2. Login to the VehicleTracker application. Go to Admin->Features and enable Ayna Maps for the user(s) of your choice. You do that in Role Privileges->Plugins->Bambuser.

(The above procedure is essentially the same for all 3.0+ plugins)

In VehicleTracker

5. Select Bambuser Window in the drop down. Check the applications for which to enable the plugin. Click "Save". The plugin is now enabled for the selected applications.

6. Login preferably with an administrator user to the application for which you enabled the plugin. A menu named "windows" should exist with an item named "Bambuser". Click the "Windows" -> "Bambuser" menu item and the window should pop up.

7. Click icons to edit Bambuser account info for the currently selected vehicle, show the public Bambuser broadcast of the currently selected vehicle, or log in to the private Bambuser channel page of the currently selected vehicle to see Bambuser private mode broadcast.

Source code
The source code for this plugin may be modified and reused in any way.

Take a look in "Display Platform Kit" for how you develop your own custom Windows in VehicleTracker. Download the "Display Platform Kit" here:
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8097

Regards,
JonasJ

GpsGate

jh@nixi.com

RE: Plugin: Live video in VehicleTracker with Bambuser

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Really nice feature. When I click on the icons for setting up the page it will always reload the whole page just like it would if I click on the Map View link. Any thoughts?

JonasJ

Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:11 pm

Which browser and version are you running and which icon exactly are you clicking?

Regards,
JonasJ

GpsGate

jh@nixi.com

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:05 pm

I have tried now with Firefox 3.5.5 both under Windows 2003 and Ubuntu 9.10. I also tried with IE8. All with the same result. I am clicking on any of the three buttons on the Bambuser window.

JonasJ

Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:52 pm

I cannot recreate the full postback problem in Firefox 3.5.5 or IE8, the server running on web server IIS V6.0. Which web server are you running?

Regards,
Jonas

GpsGate

JonasJ

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:48 pm

I sent an email to the address that is your username on the forum, with alternative HTML for the icons, see if that helps.

Regards,
Jonas

GpsGate

bpps

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Hello,

i hvae the same problem. Could you post the solution here? Or send an mail?

Thanks in advance.

sowmach

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi, I have the same problem, is there a fix?

Originally posted by bpps

Hello,

i hvae the same problem. Could you post the solution here? Or send an mail?

Thanks in advance.

JonasJ

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:42 pm

There is now a new downloadable version of the Bambuser plugin and most importantly also some updated installation instructions (see first post in this thread). Please remove any previous installation of the plugin by simply deleting the Bambuser directory.

Best Regards,
Jonas

GpsGate

agharani

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi,
When trying to edit bambuser info, I can only enter the bambuser username. I can not edit the vehicle username as the field is not editable. The vehicle username is emtpy.
Therefore when clicking on save I receive the error message that I must specify a vehicle user name.
I have tried this with different browsers but for all the vehicle username field is empty and not editable.
Any ideas?

Incan

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:54 pm

The same problem here... I can not edit the first box. User name can be added but then I got a error message.

And nothing shows when clicking the other icons. Just a white page.

Same in firefox and IE8.

Firebug: GpsGate.Server.Bambuser is undefined
http://www.mydomain.se/GPSGATESERVER/Resources/ScriptPlugins/MyPlugins/bambuser/Bambuser.js
Line 101
var d = GpsGate.Server.Bambuser.Ge...on.ApplicationId, vehicle.username);

JonasJ

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 pm

The Bambuser plugin was built for version 2.3.0.1944. There is now a bambuser.zip for version 2.3.1.2076 for download (see first post of this thread).

Best Regards,
Jonas
GpsGate

donatobilancia

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi,

everything got fine until I tried to show the Bambuser window: "Error: Impossibile trovare la pagina" which is "Error: page not found".

Anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks in advance.
Donato

teonguyen

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 am

Hi
The same problem here....
I have been add the bambuser, but it not working. When I click in Windows and chose the Bambuser. I show error "Error: The page cannot be found"

Best Regards

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”