johan
GpsGate

Plugin: Google Street View

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Google Street View Plugin to GpsGate Server

This plugin will allow you to see a "street view" for the selected vehicle. The view is updated in real time as the vehicle position is updated. The vehicle will also be displayed on a "private map" which can be useful if you want to zoom in to a vehicle and keep the main map at the same time.

Install

0. Download the plugin from the GpsGate Server plugin repository, update.gpsgate.com.
You do this from SiteAdmin->Plugins and select Download New Plugins. Search for "Street View" and click Download.

1. Go to SiteAdmin->Applications and enable the plugin for the application(s) of your choice. You do that in Privileges and Roles->Enable/Disable Features, then select Plugins->Street View Window

2. Login to the VehicleTracker application. Go to Admin->Features and enable Street View for the user(s) of your choice. You do that in Role Privileges->Plugins->Street View Window

Use Street View in VehicleTracker

1. Login to an application for which you enabled the plugin.
2. A menu named "Windows" should have been created with a sub menu item named "Street
View"
3. Click the "Street View" menu item and the window should now pop up.

GRACO

RE: Plugin: Google Street View

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Hello.
How can I remove the upper map of the "street view" window? Im just interested in the Street view only.

May be add just the "street view" icon like maps.google.com

regards

timmersr

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:34 am

It will not display track points; why does it only display realtime updates?

Fredrik

Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:36 pm

@Graco:
You should be able to remove the upper map by commenting out all references to "this.map" in the StreetViewContent.html file and remove the "divMap" from the html.

@timmersr:
Displaying tracks wasn't considered when creating the plugin, it would be possible to add. Intention was to keep it as simple as possible to help people learn from it.

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

timmersr

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:16 pm

It would be great if displaying tracks was possible, especially now that we're able to navigate with up/down through the track points. Another helpfull feature would be to make the Street View and Terminal windows dockable.

GRACO

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:46 am

Fredrik, and how can I re-size the window?... now I have one windows half filled :D-

Fredrik

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm

@Graco: just below "divMap" (that you removed) you have "divStreetView" with the style set to "height:270px". Then in StreetView.js you have the "height: 600" setting. Change those to figures your liking (leave about 60px for "divMessage").

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

Fredrik

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:14 pm

@timmers:
Yes, docking (pin/unpin?) windows as a tab/panel is something we've considered. Especially in this case when dealing with plugins. Hopefully we can add it in a coming release.
(I assume you've noticed that you can minimize windows and still see them in the dockbar at bottom(or top) of screen?)

Regarding tracks in earth(3d)-mode, can you describe more how that feature is valuable to you? Do you need more features in 3d-mode?

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

dmedina

Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Hello,

I was using the StreetView plugin script with no problems, but after updating to version 2.3, I get the following error when opening the window, saying that the API key is not correct and that it´s registered to another site, but I have not changed my site, nor my key:

"La clave de la API de Google Maps utilizada en este sitio web se registró para un sitio web distinto. El desarrollador de este sitio web puede generar una clave nueva aquí."

Can you please help me with this?

Regards,

Diego Medina
Spectrum Global Control

Diego Medina

Fredrik

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:05 pm

@dmedina:
Are you saying you get the error message only once you open the StreetView window? (sounds odd). Please verify if your Google keys is still present/correct in SiteAdmin.

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

timmersr

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Originally posted by Fredrik

@timmers:
Regarding tracks in earth(3d)-mode, can you describe more how that feature is valuable to you? Do you need more features in 3d-mode?

There is an understandable commercial undertone in your question [;)] as Franson aims GpsGate Server at business-professionals & business-to-business; hopefully I'm not the only one purely using it privately? Keeping an eye on the kids, replaying tracks from holiday trips. (maybe worth a poll)

So, although the 3D street view would be there just for quick visual recognition of the location/trackpoints, and for fun, I can also imagine the feature-request to play a track back in 3D, thus producing a 'video' of the track.

dmedina

Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:18 am

Hello Fredrik, yes, the error message is displayed only in the StreetView Window, the maps in the VehicleTracker application are working OK. In fact, the first thing that I checked once I got the error was the API key in SiteAdmin and the Key is untouched, still the same I always have used. Its odd, but its happening.

Regards,

Diego Medina

Diego Medina

dmedina

Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:26 am

Hello Fredrik, in Internet Explorer I get the following error when opening the StreetView Window. Maybe it could help:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)
Timestamp: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:24:53 UTC

Line: 24
Char: 383
Code: 0
URI: http://www.google.com/uds/api/earth/1.0/56ce34c6d009ea6795ba3ac23670c3ee/default.I.js

Diego Medina

dmedina

Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Hello Fredrik,

Any news about this? I still can not use the Streetview plugin since the upgrade to 2.3. The Google maps in vehicletracker are fine, but streetview is not working. I have some customers who requiere this plugin.

Thanks,

Diego Medina
Spectrum Global Control

Fredrik

Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi,
Can't repeat your IE error. Been doing some tests with a slightly upgraded version of the plugin though, will try to get back to early next week.
(I assume you haven't done any modifications to the plugin? (the modifications I suggested to GRACO above was untested)).

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Server Plugins new and updated”