Note: for an updated version of this and other articles, we recommend you to check our knowledge base here
Play a sound on incoming alarms
Please read this guide for how to use Sound Alarm in GpsGate Server v4.0
The plugin will play an alert sound on an incoming alarm. The sound will repeat until the(all) alarms are closed.
How to install
1. Login to SiteAdmin.
2. Go to Plugins.
3. Click on "Get More Plugins".
4. Download and install "Sound Alarm".
5. Go to the application management page for the app that you want to enable Sound Alarm for.
6. Enable/Disable Features -> Plugins -> SoundAlarm.
7. For Firefox support
Add Mime-type support for .ogg audio in IIS.
a. Open the IIS Manager. Run->inetmgr.
b. Go to IIS->MIME Types (either globally or just for the Site you installed GpsGate Server on).
c. Add the MIME Type as: extension ".ogg", MIME type "audio/ogg".
- This is still considered a beta/labs plugin. There's currently only a single sound to choose from etc.
- Technically the sound is based on the HTML5 <audio> tag. It is supported in most newer browsers (Not IE < 9), see http://caniuse.com/#search=audio
- Opera browser sometimes plays overlapping sound.
Watch the changelog below for updates. Please give feedback!