markus
GpsGate

RE: FEATURE: Mobile (major update).

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi GPS2014,

which windows phone version are you using? And what version of beta patch 4.0 and mobile? I've tested it on 8.1 and it worked just fine, slow but fine.

We will keep on testing it and see if we can make more improvements.

Best regards Markus
Franson employee

GPS tracking - Vehicle tracking

GPS2014

Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:05 am

Originally posted by markus

Hi GPS2014,

which windows phone version are you using? And what version of beta patch 4.0 and mobile? I've tested it on 8.1 and it worked just fine, slow but fine.

We will keep on testing it and see if we can make more improvements.

Best regards Markus
Franson employee

GPS tracking - Vehicle tracking

teonguyen

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi
After update patch 4.0 and mobile. I can login and show vehicles in android, But it can not show vehicles in Iphone after login, it only show white screen and two icons

Thanks

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm

@teonguyen Could you please send an email to support @ gpsgate. com about your issue and we will try to get it resolved.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

agimex

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:27 am

Hi

We're experience same with teonguyen cases

thanks

AndrewC
GpsGate

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:35 pm

On iPhone it is worth clearing your cache if you experience loading issues. The phone seems to more aggressively cache websites than Android does.

Our next update will focus on improving the experience for users in low-bandwidth situations.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

husky92

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi!

I have still not tested the updated mobile interface, and I am very reluctant to do so and risk losing the old version with no option to revert. From the discussion in this topic I can see many users requesting the option to keep both the old and new Version.

Is it possible to make a copy of the old Version .../m version and copy to another folder in order to keep this parallell to the new version? If not, what is the current official view on this request from the GpsGate team?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

johan
GpsGate

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:03 pm

husky92: Note that any manual copying of files, or manual changes or updates in the database will cause problems and probably at some point crash your server.

We take feedback on the new interface and will resolve outstanding issues.

The old plugin will not be maintained.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

husky92

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi,

Thank you Johan.

As long as the new mobile interface will well for personal tracking and safety applications and we will not loose important functions like handling alarms etc we are happy. I just notice that other users are also concerned and would like to keep the old version. We have a customer base with both safety and asset protection, handling just a few trackers each and up to fleet tracking with 100+ devices.

Of course, we also have developed training material and documentation based on the current version.

Thanks!

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 pm

There is a new build of the mobile site available on the beta.gpsgate.com repository.

The focus for this build has been on performance with low bandwidth and/or mid-range and lower devices. It has also involved some tweaking of the user interface based on feedback.

If you have any issues with loading the website including blank screens or errors, please try deleting the mobile browser cache.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

husky92

Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi!

We have now set up a test server so we can test the new mobile interface. Some initial comments:

1. Translations does not seem to work using the .lang files as before. I assume that the logged in user in the mobile interface gets the same Language setting as in the desktop? If not, where can the language setting be changed for the mobile?

2. Even on a WiFi network with high bandwith, I get "low bandwidth detected" on the map after login.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:06 pm

@husky92

Translation is a feature that is currently in development and should be supported in a future build before release.

The bandwidth detection is a new feature and will be tweaked a lot over the next few versions. It might also be renamed as it doesn't just detect how fast the page is downloaded but how fast it is loaded on the device. If you have high bandwidth but the device still loads the page slowly the mobile site will also drop into low bandwidth mode. This test is currently quite strict and will be a little less so in the next patch.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

husky92

Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:30 pm

OK, thank you for the feedback.

First test was with Samsung Galaxy S4
Just tested With iPad (3rd gen). At first I got just a white screen. Then cleared the cache and tried again. Got the login screen this time, logged in and got the vehicle list (right panel), but the map page is white with a warning with no visible text.

Best Regards,

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks for the report. I shall look into this for the next release.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Machtl

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi,

we don't want to open port 80 for the public on our Server. So when
doing a PortRedirection to the GpsGateServer HTTP-Interface over another port, the Mobile-Login Prompt Shows up correctly on MobileDevices.

Like http://myserver:1234/GpsGateServer/m

BUT, when trying to Login, the Plugin "forgets" the port (1234 in this example) and wants to Login via http://myserver/GpsGateServer/...

So, it's not possible to use another port than the public port 80. :-(

Please correct this issue, because it's not always a good solution to
present port 80 to the whole world, we want to make it more secure and
use a custom portnumber.

Thanks!

With best regards,
Martin

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”