johan
GpsGate

GUIDE: Interval Event

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:11 am

Interval Event

This plugin contains two expressions that can be used in Event Rules. First "Interval Expression" that can be used to generate events every time a GpsGate Variable reaches an interval value. Typically the new accumulator variable _Odometer can be used to generate events every X km a vehicle has traveled. And secondly a "Time Interval Expression" which can be used to generate events with a time interval of a day, week, month or year.

Those two event expressions can be used to setup simple maintenance configurations. But it is in no way intended to be a full featured maintenance solution.

How to install

1. Make sure you have Core 3.1.0.3840 or later installed.
2. Install "Interval Event" from labsupdate.gpsgate.com

Interval Expression

This expression is true when the value of a selected signal passes a start value, and each time the value passes a provided interval length. The expression is intended for signals that only increase in value, for example _Odometer.

The following example creates an event when a vehicle passes 1000 km and each time it passes 500 km after that:
1. Select the odometer accumulator signal ("_Odometer" in the list)
2. Enter Start Value 1000 km
3. Enter Interval Length 500 km

(Leave the "Keep event open" check box unchecked)

NOTE! _Odometer is a new feature in GpsGate Server v3.1. To Activate it for a vehicle, right click on the vehicle, select "Edit User", and than set the _Odometer under "Accumulators".

Time Interval Expression

This expression is true when the device time (or optionally server time) passes a start date and time, and each day/week/month/year from the start value. The expression can create a new event each time the time interval is passed, or the event can optionally be kept open.

The following example creates an event when the device time passes 10/24/2012 08:00 AM. The event is kept open.
1. Select "Device Time" in the list
2. Select 10/24/2012 for date
3. Select 10:00 AM for time of day
4. Select "Day"

(Leave the "Keep event open" check box unchecked)

Advanced

The expression can act as a "one shot" event each time the interval length is passed, or the event can optionally be kept open. The default setting is that the event rule opens and closes the event at the same time. This is called a "one shot" event. If you instead want to keep the event open, and use an end expression to close the event select "Keep event open".

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

piter197

RE: GUIDE: Interval Event

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:01 am

Hi,

Regarding set the _Odometer under "Accumulator" in edit User, If I already use and map OdometerAcc from device, am I still need to do this step set _Odometer under "Accumulator" ?

The same for Event Rule - Interval Event expression, if I already use and map OdometerAcc from device, what do I select, _Odometer or OdometerAcc ?

Thank you.

Regards,
piter197

JonasJ

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi piter197,

The GpsGate odometer accumulator uses the OdometerAcc signal if mapped, otherwise it uses GPS position of the device. There are benefits of using the GpsGate _Odometer accumulator, such as letting you use _Odometer in the Driver Journal plugin, and that the value will show up everywhere else in the GpsGate Server product where _Odometer accumulator is handled. That would not be the case if using only the raw OdometerAcc signal with event rules.

As an answer to your first question, you need to set the current _Odometer value once to activate the GpsGate _Odometer for the device.

You should use _Odometer signal in event rules, then the event rule will work for devices that have mapped OdometerAcc and those that do not.

Best Regards,
Jonas J
GpsGate Support

johan
GpsGate

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:12 pm

Here you have a guide on how odometers are used in GpsGate
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15099

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

john.survey.2010

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Please release this plugin for core 3.0 users.
Everyone, including us might not have upgraded production servers to 3.1 beta.
Thanks

vadr24

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 am

one vote for:

@john.survey.2010 "release this plugin for core 3.0 users."

piter197

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Dear Support,

For reporting and notification purpose, please provide [Interval Length] because [Initial start value] and [Current interval start value] already provided

Regards,
piter197

Bolt

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:47 am

one more vote

Please release this for Core 3.0

ggsgeek

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Many times It is observed that the GPS Tracker's Odometer gets reset under rare circumstances. Does the GpsGate _Odometer will consider this and adapt to Odometer Reset from the Tracker ? This is very crucial as this could fail the event notifications.

johan
GpsGate

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:03 pm

ggsgeek: We will check that case for the next Core 3.1 update.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

johan
GpsGate

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:44 pm

ggsgeek: GpsGate now handles a reset device odometer. From Core v3.1.0.3831

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

guytracker

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:08 pm

I've setup an interval rule on one of my vehicles and it works great, thank you.
Since odometer readings and service intervals vary between interval, I guess I'll have to setup an event rule for each vehicle. I have a number of vehicles and it's going to be time consuming to setup each rule individually.

Is there a way of duplicating my existing event rule into a new rule so that it can be edited for another vehicle?

Henrik
GpsGate

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 am

guytracker: Unfortunately you can not copy Event Rules.

If you want different intervals for each vehicle you need one event rule per vehicle. The basic idea here is to group multiple vehicles to a smaller number of Interval rules.

johan
GpsGate

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:37 pm

A more complete Maintenance plugin is available here now:
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15434

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

john.survey.2010

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi,
Is there a way to configure an event rule by which customer receives an SMS for vehicle status & location update every 60 minutes?
Thanks

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”