Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Can you give us an update?
Release date?

/Incan

husky92

RE: Drivers Journal - give feedback

Wed May 09, 2012 11:28 am

Hi!

Could you please provide an update on the progress on the Drivers Journal and a realistic estimate for a first release or an option to beta test. The project was announced on 11/23/2011 with an estimated first release within feb 2012.

I think you guys are doing a great job with the GpsGate Server product, and I don't want to nag about this, but since this has already been announced, the community do need information on the progress in order to communicate properly with customers and plan for alternatives to respond to market needs.

I think this plugin/addition could also boost license sales, since it will trigger the need for more web/mobile login users.

Thank you very much!

Regards
Oyvind

husky92

Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi!

Could you please break the deadly silence regarding this project.

Any news is highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Reinder

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm also looking for a total mileage of vehicle.

regards,
Reinder

johan
GpsGate

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Total mileage will be part of the Driver's Journal plugin release.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Reinder

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 am

Do you have any idea of how long it will take for release.

kind regards,
Reinder

husky92

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi!

Could you please provide an update on the progress on the Drivers Journal and a realistic estimate for a first release or an option to beta test. The project was announced on 11/23/2011 with an estimated first release within feb 2012.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

johan
GpsGate

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 pm

A first beta will be out soon. The project is running, and it is a priority for us to finish it.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

husky92

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Great news!

Thanks!

Incan

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Great news!

/I

johan
GpsGate

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:36 pm

There is a beta ready to be tested now. More info:
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/driver_j ... a_released

Requires GpsGate Server v3.1 (currently in beta):
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15008

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

husky92

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi!

I need some clarification regarding the setup for the Drivers journal.

According to the documentation, the driver and the vehicle must be two different users in the application.

Considering a current installation with a number of existing users with GPS tracking devices attached, it seems necessary to create new web login users with no device to be able to use the Drivers Journal module. Is this correct?

Is so, since these users will have no device login, they will not consume licenses? Is this correct?

Assuming I understand this correcly, to be able to use Drivers Journal, we will now have to create users for vehicles and drivers/users separately?

Also, the current users will need to get new logins/user names. In my case some of these users already have usernames/logins matching their real names or their Windows logins. In order to preserve the tracks, I can not move the GPS devices to new users and change the current users/logins to non-device users, so it would be preferred to be able to RENAME to old users/logins holding the tracking device, and create new non-device logins with the current usernames. If so, I need a safe way to rename the login/usernames. Can you provide such a safe operation?

Next question is about multiple drivers for one vehicle. The documentation states "A vehicle can have multiple drivers". But as far as I understand a vehicle is connected to the driver and when trying to connect the same vehicle to another driver I get an error. Please explain!

Final question is if you have any plans creating a mobile interface for the drivers journal in the near future?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Oner

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:36 am

Hi together,

first of all I will say .... pretty good thing, the Driver's journal.

But I will give this to the german Tax office. They want some special things. The private and other tracks have to be shown in the Report as well, but without the adresses.

So everything has to be shown but "From", "To", "Note" will be empty. Is this possible?

And there is always a difference between gps-distance and speedometer-distance.
So i need something where the driver can put in his actual speedometer-mileage.
The difference has to be divide on all tracks. But the relation between private and bussines drives has to be the same.

When the driver starts the track, I want to give him a text field. In this field he can write the "Note". This I will send to the Gate. When the driver starts the Journal the "Notes" are filled with the Notes, he wrote before at the device Textfield.

Is there a way to do it like that?

BR
Oner

hpi

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi,

Very good plugin, definitely adding value to the gpsgate offering.

I'm just bit confused as to the need for two separate logins required for the end user. Typically the customer will login to see the current location/status of his vehicle, now if he wants to update the drivers journal ( if a member ) the user will need to logout and login with a different username/password.

Is it possible, or will it be in future, to change this into a single login, so that if the user login into the normal application they can also update the drivers journal while looking at the status of the vehicle?

Thanks

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”