kchrist

GPSGate problem with DestinatorPN on iPAQ 6515

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:18 pm

Hello to all,

I'm using GPS gate 1.10h for PocketPC on a iPAQ hw6515.

I set up the DestinatorPN using the GPSGate Virtual Port COM0, but i'm having problem with it.

1. GpsGate Internal GPS=COM7
2. Virtual port =COM0

The icon is not the GREEN one but the other emeraldine green (Valid GPS data has been detected at the selected input, but the GPS data has no fix, that is it cannot determine its position (yet)).

I'm a licensed user of GPS Gate and i'm very frustrating for this problem.

Konstantinos Christodoulakis

johan
GpsGate

RE: GPSGate problem with DestinatorPN on iPAQ 6515

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:29 pm

If the GpsGate icon is yellow the internal GPS doe not have a fix. You need to make sure you are under an open sky, and nothing is covering your PDA.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

kchrist

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:32 pm

Originally posted by johan

If the GpsGate icon is yellow the internal GPS doe not have a fix. You need to make sure you are under an open sky, and nothing is covering your PDA.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Unfortunately the GPSgate icon is most of the times Yellow even though i'm in a very open space, without moving at all.
Any other idea?
I spent hours and hours of frustration with that !

johan
GpsGate

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:37 pm

If it is yellow there is reason to beleave there is something wrong with the internal GPS. Try it with some other software to check if it works.

GpsGate does not change any data. The applications connected to GpsGate will receive the same data that GpsGate does receive.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

kchrist

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:41 pm

If it is yellow there is reason to beleave there is something wrong with the internal GPS. Try it with some other software to check if it works.

GpsGate does not change any data. The applications connected to GpsGate will receive the same data that GpsGate does receive.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

I'm sorry but this is not a solution...to change the software, as sometimes GPSGate gives green icon and DestinatorPN is working.
Is there any bug with DestinatorPN?

johan
GpsGate

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:46 pm

It sounds like a hardware problem.

When the icon is yellow it indicates that the internal GPS does not have a fix. If it does not have a fix that can be because something is broken (your hardware) or it cannot receive satellite signals (it is covered by something like your hand or a roof or something).

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

kchrist

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:49 pm

It sounds like a hardware problem.

When the icon is yellow it indicates that the internal GPS does not have a fix. If it does not have a fix that can be because something is broken (your hardware) or it cannot receive satellite signals (it is covered by something like your hand or a roof or something).

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

It's not hardware problem, as sometimes DestinatorPN starts working with the GPSGate and suddenly stops working.

johan
GpsGate

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:01 pm

If you want to understand what is wrong, you need to make a systematic search for the error.

Here are some things to try:
-> Try many other GPS applications on your PDA. There are many free you can find on the Internet.
-> Try with and without GpsGate.
-> Try to not hold the PDA in your hand when you are testing.

Your GPS may or may not work. But if you assume it works without some systemtic tests you will never know the truth. If it works sometimes, it means it works sometimes, not that it is fully functional.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

ravivk

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:28 am

I also have problems using DestinatorPN with HP 6515. The sw does not connect to the com7 of the internal GPS. It seams to find the GPS and soon after I get the 'GPS not found' message. MS GPS is running ok but this is not a full GPS sw.
Anybody have a fix?

johan
GpsGate

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 am

Yes, put GpsGate 2.5 in between.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Client 1.10”