PChithambaram

How to obtain HTTP GET URL response from GpsGate

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:36 pm

How to obtain HTTP GET URL response from GpsGate

Hi Everyone,
GoodDay.. We are trying to leverage GpsGate to send real time tracking communications (based on event rule) to an Oracle Application, for displaying truck related information.

We are facing an issue in receiving the updates from GpsGate and I request your help to troubleshoot this issue. The details are as follows.,

We are using a middleware application called OpenESB to consume the HTTP URL from GpsGate and translate it to an XML format that our Oracle Application can handle and process.
We have followed this forum post http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/notify_custom_server and as per the post the sample response from GpsGate for an event rule will be

http://yourserver.com/yourpage.aspx?cmd ... ,%20Sweden

So, we have configured our middleware application with the parameters as outlined in the sample response. And, whenever we try to pass the sample message from our local machine, we are able to successfully process this message to Oracle using the middleware application.

But when we process the actual message / response coming from GpsGate real time, we are receiving an exception in the middleware application as below.,

HTTPBC-E00755: URL parsing failed - encountered malformed/unsupported name-value part: 'ChatMessage='

From what i understood is the sample response that we took from the forum and the actual response that we are receiving from GpsGate is not similar and there are some parameters that are coming in addition.

I have 2 quick questions with this understanding.
1. Is there a possibility to track the actual response sent by GpsGate in the GPS application?
2. What could be the possible datatype of the ChatMessage parameter? Do we need to include all the paramters sent by GpsGate or only the parameters that we require?

Kindly request your help on this.

Regards
PChithambaram

<div align="left"></div id="left">

PChithambaram

RE: How to obtain HTTP GET URL response from GpsGate

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Please, can anyone throw some ideas here? It's really urgent.

kalmangabriel

RE: How to obtain HTTP GET URL response from GpsGate

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi,

Seems that your "middleware" is the weakpoint here...
Drop me a line and i'll try to help...

<font color="red">Please note that my reply IS NOT from GpsGate!!!</font id="red">
------------------------------------------
<font size="1">Email: tech@scorpiontrack.ro Skype: gabrielkalman
Internet: It doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible to others</font id="size1">

Return to “GpsGate for Developers”