dannalejandro

Problem with Tags in events and reports.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:59 pm

Dear Gpsgate:

I have the next problem: I have configured a speeding report for a college, they have 55 buses, and their buses make their routes at different schedules each one, they dont need speed events to be activated in certain hours. I have made 22 event rules, each one has the same rules (speed, geofence, argument, report arguments, etc.), but diferent schedules and tags for each event.
When I create the global speeding report (all event rules in one report), events grouped by bus, I select in the report the tag Show on map, and It seems (not confirmed) that I have a report that shows all the event rules for all the buses, and not separately for each event rule tag that I have defined on each event.
Thanks for your support in this problem.

JayFF

RE: Problem with Tags in events and reports.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:35 am

Hi All,

I am having a similar problem. I am using CalAmp devices that send event codes when the device detects voltage on an input. Depending on the vehicle type, the equipment that is energized is different. I have created tags for different vehicle types and different events for different equipment. For example, on one truck the event indicates that a chemical sprayer is operating. That truck is the only truck with the Chemical Sprayer tag. When I created the Chemical Sprayer event, I selected only the Chemical Sprayer tag in section two of the event form. I use the Event Rule report to check the result. When I open the report and select the Chemical Spray event and the Vehicles tag, I see all of the vehicles. I thought that if an event was limited by tag, only vehicles with the selected tag would get the event. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jay

J. F. Florey

Return to “GpsGate for Developers”