pawadca

HTTPmessageProvider

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:53 am

I have a suggestion for improving the HTTPmessageProvider for web SMS.
If the module had more of a "variable & string" configuration where I could put in the variables that the provider was wanting in their HTTP API along with any predefined or variable strings much like the way the event module works.
As well as specifying a put or get URL.

I know there are a number of providers that already work with the current model, but there are some great new companies out there that are offering very competitive pricing for new startups.

Thanks
Peter

johan
GpsGate

RE: HTTPmessageProvider

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:56 pm

You can do this by using Web Service Scripts.

Web Service Scripts provide a flexible solution to create and publish customized Web Services using Javascript.
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/web_service_scripts

For outgoing SMS. HTTP Provider posts to your Web Service Script which posts to the SMS service.

For incoming SMS. The SMS service posts to your Web Service Script which posts to the HTTP Provider.

What your Web Service Scripts do is to translate the format between the HTTP provider and the SMS service. It acts as a proxy that resides inside GpsGate rather than writing one that is outside of GpsGate.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

pawadca

Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks Johan.
I ended up doing things the hard way last night and built a PHP page on a seperate server that received the SMS message from GGS and forwarded it on to the SMS service provider.

I will look into the web service script this week and see if I can simplify things.
One quick question is would the web script be able to handle passing back the receipt confirmation from the SMS provider? I was not able to figure that out with my PHP page so it's a blind trust right now.

Thanks again.
Peter

johan
GpsGate

Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Yes, you can do a two-way integration as I describe above,

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

canberk

Re: HTTPmessageProvider

Mon May 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Hello pawadca,

Could you please be so kind to share the PHP proxy script that you wrote to translate the variables from gpsgate to your gateway. I am having the same issue and don't have enough experience to code a script that can translate the variables.

Much appreciated. Have a nice day!

Return to “GpsGate for Developers”