sentishaw

First Ignition ON And Last Ignition OFF

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:54 pm

How to fetch first Ignition ON and Last Ignition OFF per trip for a vehicle in a trip report

ggsgeek

RE: First Ignition ON And Last Ignition OFF

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 am

What is your definition of a trip ?

jdewitt

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:47 pm

We accomplish that by using different eventcodes from the device. Trip events are generated by an Event Rule that start with the Ignition=ON eventcode and finish with the Ignition=OFF eventcode.

sentishaw

Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Guys thanks a lot for our replies, maybe I hadn't explain my inquiry in details, I will explain as follows:

Currently in Reporting 3.0 / TR1001 Trip&Idle Daily Report, the Start Time and End Time show the first point of the day and the last point of the day (that the server has received from the vehicle). But as per our customers requests, we want to modify the report so that Start Time shows the First Ign=ON and the End Time shows the Last Ign=Off of the day.

Considerations: Our trackers send Ignition signals and mapped in the device mappers. So Ign is a signal that exist in gate messages. / secondly: we have set the trackers to send updates at every 5 minutes during 24 hours, even while their Ign is off and they are stopped. This is customer's request and we can not touch this policy.

So the only way is to make a new Data Provider similar to Distance01 and replace the Distance01.SamplingStart and SamplingEnd with Ign related fields but I couldn't make it.
Please note that I am an experienced MS Sql developer and you can communicate with me with technical expressions please.

Thanks,
sentishaw

qtech

Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi all

this is something that a customer has asked me and I would like to know which is the way to get this report showing first on, last off ..

regards

iTrackIT

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:24 am

So you are effectively looking for the first ON, and the last OFF per day (Like start and finish times for work) ?

iTrackIT - Why don't you?

Support: http://www.itrackit.co.uk
Twitter: @iTrackIT

Return to “GpsGate for Developers”