Bjorn_Andersson
GpsGate

GUIDE: Include Custom Fields in report

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 pm

How to add custom field values to a report

1. Right click the cell where you want the custom field value.
2. Select Custom field -> field from the menu.
3. In the next window, select as ObjectID > UserID/POILocationID depending on the type of object you want to display the custom fields from. These values will be available for most reports.
4. Custom Field name > Type the name of the custom field as written it in the VT application.
5. Field Type > User/POI/Fuel Consumption/Maintenance. Fuel Consumption and Maintenance will be displayed if their correspondant Fuel Consumption or Maintenance plugins are installed.
6. Click OK.

example: If in the application a custom field called Plate Number has been added and I want to display it, then on the report cell should look like this:
$CustomField([UserID], [Plate Number], [user])

More reading

How to create and use Custom Fields http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/custom_fields

Alon

RE: GUIDE: Include Custom Fields in report

Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:40 pm

Hi,

I have a custom field named "Asesor" on a POI category that shows values just right on the POI panel.
But it doesn't show the values when adding the custom field as a column to report TS1007 using this value "$CustomField([POILocationID], [ Asesor], [POI])" (selected from the right click menu on the desired cell).
What am I doing wrong?

my plugin report and patch are 4.x

Thanks.

Alon

Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi, just to close this issue (answered through email by your support) - the problem was the space before 'Asesor'. It should be $CustomField([POILocationID],[Asesor],[POI])
Thanks.

favr

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:17 am

I also have an issue to add a custom field. I need to add a Google Driving Distance calculated through Google Map API v3 to event report, this value will be used to compare with distanceGPS generated from GPS for each event's start and end address. I know how to develop an independent asp.net program to generate the whole report from MySql database, but really no idea how to add this item(Google Driving distance) to report through GpsGate report builder. Any help is appreciated.

david
GpsGate

Re: GUIDE: Include Custom Fields in report

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi,
Here is a sample script for replacing a pointOfInterest rule and setting a POI Custom Field variable from a POI Custom field "poicustomfield1" that can be used as input to a Report Argument that can be used in an Event Rule report.

var lon = trackPoint.position.longitude;
var lat = trackPoint.position.latitude;
var POI1 = poi.find(lon, lat, 200, "first cat");

if (POI1.length > 0) {
var custF = POI1[0].getCustomFieldValue('poicustomfield1');
context.setVariable("POI_Custom_Field_variable", custF);
return true;
} else return false;

/David
David

Drizzy02

Re: RE: GUIDE: Include Custom Fields in report

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi,

I have a custom field named "Asesor" on a POI category that shows values just right on the POI panel.
But it doesn't show the values meilleur crédit when adding the custom field as a column to report TS1007 using this value "$CustomField([POILocationID], [ Asesor], [POI])" (selected from the right click menu on the desired cell).
What am I doing wrong?

my plugin report and patch are 4.x

Thanks.
What is the problem?

sofiabovino

Re: GUIDE: Include Custom Fields in report

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:37 am

Any help is appreciated.

Return to “GpsGate for Developers”