nomdeplume

Map Plugin - Site Admin Settings

Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi,

I have created my own map provider, am able to load the plugin and use it successfully, however, what I cannot locate is information on how to add this to the SiteAdmin so I can add keys etc as is possible with Google and Bing, tried looking at an existing map plugin but am a bit lost, I can see the it relates to a ascx control but not sure how to implement this as a part of my plugin, is there a document you can guide me to?

I have gone through this doc, http://franson.com/gpsgateserver/WebMapKit.zip but this doesn’t seem to give info on the Site Admin, unless I missed something.

Fredrik

RE: Map Plugin - Site Admin Settings

Tue May 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Correct, the guide doesn't address this yet (feature wasn't available at the time).

You need to setup a Visual Studio project and create an ascx control. Have you previous experience with this?
How did you create your plugin now by the way? Have you setup your own plugin repository and everything?

We'll get back with a complete guide soon.

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

nomdeplume

Tue May 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi Fredrik,

I have some experience with ascx but we are going back a while, will have to blow the dust off (I have far more experience with backend tech, than ASP.NET), although do have quite a bit of experience with client side scripting, frameworks, libraries, javascript, jQuery, etc...

How did I create it, followed the WebMapKit and look at the source in some of the existing map plugins. Still getting around to the plugin repository, (I have the info for this, just haven't gotten around to it yet). At present I am using my dev box so just copying into the plugin's folder.

Have you got a sample VS project that I could take a look at, what is the target framework 2.0, cause I have VS 2012 and normally target 4.5?

Else not an issue I will wait for the updated guide then.

sfdanny

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 am

Hi, I want to add this weather layer to my server, is this possible with WebMapKit, is this still working for recent versions of GGS ?

https://developers.google.com/maps/docu ... ther?hl=es

I tried to put the example on my server, but nothing happen

Thanks for any help.

Return to “GpsGate for Developers”