How do I get GpsGate to work with my Bluetooth GPS on Toshiba Pocket PC?
First of all make sure you have enabled Bluetooth on the Toshiba, see its manual for how this is done.
To register a Bluetooth GPS:
1. Tap on the Bluetooth icon in the Tray Menu and select "Bluetooth Settings..."
2. Make sure the GPS is turned on and tap on the "Magnifier glass" to get a list of all Bluetooth devices.
3. Tap and hold on the GPS's name and select "Update Service".
4. Tap and hold on the "Serial port" service and select "Connection Registration..."
5. Confirm the Connection name by tapping OK.
6. DONE! Now follow the steps to set up GpsGate.
If you already have several BlueTooth units (with serial port service) registered follow these steps:
1. Tap on the Bluetooth icon in the Tray Menu and select "Registration History"
2. Select "General"
3. Select the Bluetooth GPS you want to use.
4. DONE! Now follow the steps to set up GpsGate.
To set up GpsGate to use the BT GPS follow these steps:
1. Start GpsGate (if not already started).
2. Select "Settings" from the Tray Menu.
3. Select "COM Port" as input. Select "COM6". Tap on "Open"
4. Select "COM4" under "Add virtual port.
5. Tap on "Add virtual port".
6. DONE! Now you can connect any number of GPS applications to COM4!
(All this is described in the User's Guide
http://franson.biz/gpsgate/guide.asp?se ... atform=ppc as well.)
Note that in v1.10 (you can download a beta now) the reconnection feature for Toshiba is improved. This means that GpsGate can reconnect to a BT GPS after the GPS has been turned off and on, got out of reach or the Toshiba has been turned on and off. Read more here http://franson.biz/gpsgate/support.asp? ... atform=ppc