wagger

GpsLibCE.dll missing - not a double post!

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:36 am

Hey,
I know - there is a sticky thing and forum post and stuff that mentions the problem with "GpsLibCE.dll" is missing, but this is something new.

First off, the manuals and descriptions on how to solve the issue is not correct.
On this page, http://franson.com/gpstools/guide.asp?s ... form=netcf, it says that the GpsLibCE.arm.CAB can be found in a certain folder after installing GpsTools.
That is not true, no such CAB-file exists at all.

So, this is really weird. I have several PocketPCs that run a certain app, that uses GpsLibCE and Franson. Normally, it works fine. But now, all of a sudden, I get the "GpsLibCE.dll is missing!"-error on one of the units.

The app (with GpsLibCE.dll) has been working before and works on other computers but this one refuses. its an HTC X7500, but its not a problem with that unit normally since other X7500 works fine.

I have done two hard-resets, and then copied the files necessary for the app - including the GpsLibCE.dll and it doesnt work! I have copied to \Windows aswell as placing the file in the app dir.

Same error all the time.

I took another computer (Dell axim), hard-reset, copied the files and tada - works without a problem.

I would think that the DLL just need to be there (not "installed" since its only a file) to work but for some reason I get that error all the time.

Its nothing to do with ARM or likewise; it works on a X7510 and other X7500 aswell as Dell Axim.

A very strange error, indeed.

I am now clueless on what to do. Another things that makes it even weired is that the application has been working on this unit before...

Regards,

Jonas

RE: GpsLibCE.dll missing - not a double post!

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:05 pm

If it works on other X7510 devices it sounds like a faulty device?

Regards,
Jonas

Return to “GpsTools”