fdarland

Saving Processing Parameters via "Save As"

Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:41 pm

I just purchased CoordTrans v2.30 Pro
First of all, this is an incredible product. I am converting Access tables of Eastings / Northings to Lat / Long. This works great via the main screen. However, I want to convert files using the command line, which requires a saved parameters file.

The user guide says to save the current parameters by "File / "Save As". I do not have that option under "File" I only have Load MapLib, Enter License, Reset,and Exit. How do I save the parameters? I have entered my license. When I look now at "Enter License" it says I have the Pro License.

wolfshadow

RE: Saving Processing Parameters via "Save As"

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:45 am

If you have done the transformation on an access table using the wizard in CoordTrans then there should be a file with the extension ".ctxml" in your "My Documents" folder that is the settings file. I have an access table that is part of an access database (Data Search 02.mdb) and the use of the wizard to do a conversion automatically created a file in "My Documents" folder labeled "Data Search 02.ctxml"

fdarland

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:46 am

Thank you, I have seen this file.

LNG

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:08 pm

What do you mean on an access table using Wizard?
I don't find any *.mdb files...I have several to convert and want to save info. Thank you.

wolfshadow

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:36 am

LNG,

What type of file do you have your original coordinates in (Excel, Access, CSV, etc.)? My answer was specific to Fdarland because his original data was in an Access database.

The wizard is available under the "tools" menu on the program main screen. If you select "tools" then "wizards" it gives you the type of file to convert from and whether you want to save the converted coordinates to the original file or a new one. Hope this helps.

LNG

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:42 am

Thank you so much for your reply.
I do an "alt print screen" and copy the screen with my work...and paste it in a document for my file.
What I have is an Autocad file with Easting Northing coordinates and I'm converting to LatLong.
So I'm just putting the numbers into the program manually and converting.

Return to “CoordTrans”