In this guide we are setting up Calamp LMU 4200 with FMI ready Garmin device
More info can be found on the CalAmp wiki (requires login)
https://puls.calamp.com/wiki/Garmin_Ser ... thru_Guide
This guide will use AT commands using a terminal applications such as Hyper Terminal or Putty
You should already be familiar with sending AT commands to the CalAmp device using a terminal software.
You should also enable Terminal Window in the application to be able to monitor the data between the CalAmp device and GpsGate Server.
Site Admin -> Search and Manage -> Click the application -> Under Features and Privileges -> Plugins -> Check "Terminal Window"
Enable support in Gpsgate Server:
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Click Plugins
3. Install "CalAmp" v188.8.131.5205 or newer
4. Install "Garmin"
For full Chat and Dispatch support you need Chat and Dispatch as well.
Connect CalAmp to GpsGate Server
1. Use this guide to get the device connected to GpsGate Server:
2. You will also need to add the Garmin PND as a secondary device for the user.
2.1 Do that by right click the user and select "edit".
2.2 In first step change "User Type" to Device + Garmin FMI
2.3 For device 2 select Garmin PND
2.4 Save the user
* Tips: To get the Mobile ID of the device you can use this AT command:
1. Set APN.
Using AT commands:
AT$APP PARAM 2306,0,<APN>
AT$APP PARAM 2306,1,<APN>
AT$APP PARAM 1024,35,255,1
2. Set server IP and Port (You can find your IP in SiteAdmin -> Devices)
Using AT commands:
AT$APP PARAM 768,0,<IP Address>
AT$APP PARAM 769,0,20500
Configure Serialport for Garmin FMI usage
This guide will use the Aux2 of the LMU4200 to connect to Garmin
1. Port assignment
AT$APP PARAM 3072,0,1
AT$APP PARAM 3072,6,1
2. Baud Rate (9600 bps)
AT$APP PARAM 3073,0,5
AT$APP PARAM 3073,6,5
Note, this guide is based on LMU4200 which supports streams.
For Pre-Streams products see section 1.5 of "Garmin_Serial_Passthru_Guide" for the apropriate S-Registry parameters.
- Set Generic serial device Serial
- Set no terminating character
- No length restriction
- User Message ID, this is how we identify Garmin FMI data. Must be '7'
- Set Send Unacked
- 250ms serial port timeout
- Message Count Limit set to "read and pack all"
- Set Garmin mode to Aux2
- Restart LMU
Finalizing and testing the connection
Since the FMI protocol will be initialized when the device connects we need to ensure that the device is disconnected the serial connectino has been configured.
1. Make sure the device is disconnected from GpsGate Server by:
1.1 Right click the user
1.2 Select Terminal (You enable the terminal under SiteAdmin -> Application -> Privilege and Features -> Plugins -> Terminal Windw)
1.3 Click disconnect
2. Command the device to send a report to GpsGate Server
AT$APP PEG ACTION 1 255
The user interface of the Garmin Device should be changed to now have a "Dispatch" icon.