This guide covers the setup of Teltonika with a FMI enabled Garmin PND
Enable support in Gpsgate Server:
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Click Plugins
4. Install "Teltonika"
6. Install "Garmin"
For full Chat and Dispatch support you need Chat and Dispatch as well.
Configure the device to connect to GpsGate Server
1. Use this guide to get the device connected to GpsGate Server:
2. You will also need to add the Garmin PND as a secondary device for the user.
3. Enable a secondary device for the "Device" User Type by open the User Type Editor found in the vehicle list setting menu.
4. Select "Device" in the User Type drop down list
5. Enable the checkbox found at the right side for the "Device 2" section.
6. Click "Save"
7. Open the Edit User form for your user
8. Select "Garmin PND" as device type in the "Device 2" section
9. Click "Save"
For more info about edit users and user type see:
Additional configuration to enable FMI for the Teltonika device
1. Make sure you have the latest Firmware on the Teltonika device.
2. Open the FM5XXX Configuration tool provided with the device.
3. Change to advanced options
4. Click "Global Parameters" tab
5. Under "Garmin Settings" make sure "Garmin Ping Filter" is set to disabled.
6. For the COM port where the FMI Cable is wired, select "Garmin Mode" Baud Rate 9600
More detailed information can be found in the FM5XXX User manual provided by Teltonika
As soon as the Teltonika device connects to GpsGate Server the FMI functionality should automatically be enabled.
You will notice that additional menus will appear on the Garmin PND device.
<font color="red">Please verify that the wiring below is valid for your device and cable.
We will not be responsible for any damage to the hardware.</font id="red">
The FMI cable consist of 3 wires for communication and two for power supply.
The Teltonika FMXXXX device has a RJ-45 Femail port.
FMI White -> RJ-45 pin 6
FMI Yellow -> RJ-45 pin 5
FMI Brown -> RJ-45 pin 4
FMI Black/Red should be connected to suitable power source according to the cable specifications.