caiundo

Problems with AVL VT300 tracker

Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:17 am

Hi everyone...
I´ve just bought a sample of VT-300 tracker (from Asico) and i really can´t make it work!
Litte bit of history:
I have installed the unit in my car and checked all the wirings. First, the red led turned on and kept it that way for 2 or 3 hours. (charging internal battery i supose) Then, the led turn off but it doesn´t flash, so the unit can´t start. The unit doesn´t respond to my sms and when i call the cell number it is off. i´ve checked the sim card and it´s all right, no code, it has credit, etc...
One question, what does it mean "connect to power switch" ? do i need to conect the wires to the ignition? or simply i add a switch to on/off in my car??
I would be very happy if you could help me with this problem!! please...![^]
Best regards,
Diego

altf4

RE: Problems with AVL VT300 tracker

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:10 pm

well i assume you mean This device: http://asico.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008824829207/pdtl/Car-GPS/1008909079/Tracker.htm

first of all: you wont get it running on GpsGate without a proxy we have quite a few of this product on the system ...
the product in general is okay as simple tracking unit (nothing more) ..
passive functoin only. and NOT permanently on, as the hardware WILL FAIL after some time (more than a few days) also significant changes (sms commands or other things) may not become affected if the unit never reboots ...

well thats another storry ..

please Open the device ... you will see there are 2 more SMD-LED inside the hardware.
another Red one and a blue one.
the red one shows the startus of the GSM Modul (blinking normaly means no operation or still registering, shortly blinking (double time off) mean everything allright)

the blue LED is for the GPS Modul ... where blinking means no fix .... shortly on (double time off) means GPS fix ..
but this status informations are not in realtime ... sometime the unit indicates GPS fix .. while you have disconnect the gps antenna sice 5 minutes ;-)

the big LED .. (the one you can see outside) indicates operation of the power module.
Steady on mean .. external power on, and batterys are charging.
Blinking or off = batterys full

off or blinking is depends on the version of the board .. and the firmware ..
on the board is a number ... if you can give me this one i can tell you why its off ;-)

well back to your problem.

if you can not call the unit ...
then there is sure somethings wrong ..
you need to make this sure first ...

the yellow cables must be connected .(this is like on-off switch)
DO NOT connect this cables somewhere else .... external power or somethings like this will destroy the hardware permanently.
just make sure the two yellow cables are connected to each other (inside the car you should have a relais switching on and off between them)

black to ground (pin 31)
red to Plus (pin 30)

all the rest of the cable (are useless anyway) ;-)

again make sure you have red and black on the battery (permanently)
and make your "switch" cut the yellow ones .... so you can turn the hardware off and on properly.

--
Backups are for WIMPS!
http://0x8.in.th/where (website position GpsGate Powered)

johan
GpsGate

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:19 pm

I think that all those VT300/VT310 trackers comes from the same company (Shenzhen Meiligao). And then you have a lot of OEMs. Meiligao has implemented "GpsGate TrackerOne". What you need to do is to request your supplier to get the firmware that supports GpsGate, and it will work with GpsGate Server right out of the box.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

altf4

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:41 pm

totally agree with Johan ... this is one of the Products very wide spread all over china ..

but getting a firmware is almost impossible .. thats for sure ...

most suppliers are really paranoid in order to forward any infomrations or firmwares to clients.
i work on this quite a while

--
Backups are for WIMPS!

oasspr

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:27 pm

We have a VT310 how can we know if firmware is "gpsgate". Wich port should we program at the device.

Att
Richard

oasspr

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:42 pm

It says I need a proxy to have this device work w/gpsgate? Whats that?

altf4

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:16 pm

thisis very hopeless to get any info out of this companys calling themselfs "manufacturers"

even the company johan mentiond .. does not know anything about Franson or gpsgate .. (at least the sales)
the only way to find out whats going on is to actually buy the hardware.
as also manuals in the most cases outdated or copys from the original OEM device ... and not really covers the functions of the actuall hardware you buy .. or mention features the hardware not have at all.

we spend ALOT of money in buying such hardware and realise its useless or the promises they make not keept at all.

they may Manufact it .. but the background knowledge is a well keept secret ...
specially for this avl01/vt-300 // its very hard to get firmware updates .. as the producer seems to have some NDA signed .. not allows to expose firmwares to hardware not produced by them ... even its 1:1 the same product.
and the vhanges .. are again your job to find it out ...
and if they improove the product or not .. is another story.

most of this companys have no idea what they are producing or how its works.

so do not expect any continiousity ... we have a very strong relationship with one manufacturer in shenzen . .and getting after a while all the hardware to the same level ... but even trough this its not easy.

my question about tracker one ... resulting in the statement that i have to send the units back
as they have "to change somethings" .... (excuse)

we have a proxy for avl01 aka vt-300 aka gvt-300 ....
but its a stand alone software and not a nt-service.

--
Backups are for WIMPS!

rmartini@melecnet.com

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:58 pm

Originally posted by caiundo

Hi everyone...
I´ve just bought a sample of VT-300 tracker (from Asico) and i really can´t make it work!
Litte bit of history:
I have installed the unit in my car and checked all the wirings. First, the red led turned on and kept it that way for 2 or 3 hours. (charging internal battery i supose) Then, the led turn off but it doesn´t flash, so the unit can´t start. The unit doesn´t respond to my sms and when i call the cell number it is off. i´ve checked the sim card and it´s all right, no code, it has credit, etc...
One question, what does it mean "connect to power switch" ? do i need to conect the wires to the ignition? or simply i add a switch to on/off in my car??
Best regards,
Diego

Renzo Martini

rmartini@melecnet.com

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:02 pm

Originally posted by caiundo

Hi everyone...
Litte bit of history:
Best regards,
Diego

You must to put a switch to power on the terminal, then you must to configurate the IP and port to send GPRS to your server or service platform. As the other member says the terminal can be freeze some days later. It need restart some times to avoid the freeze.
Please tell me how it works.

Renzo Martini

Return to “GPS trackers, AVL hardware, SIM subscriptions etc.”