TK102

TK102B Password err!

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:29 pm

I just bought this unit from ebay and the only thing that works is when i call the tracker then it responds with an SMS with the coordinates, but when i try to send an SMS with for example the command smslinkone123456 or smslink123456 it responds with the message "password err!" and nothing more happens.
Also when i try reset123456 etc. i get the message "reset fail". It seems i get one of these two messages when i try to send SMS commands, most often i get the "Password err!".

But the strange thing is that the only commands that works successfully is initialization and password change, and time zone change and getting the IMEI number.
So the password is correct, thats not the problem.

i have read about a couple of people with the same problem, but none of them seems to have found a fix for this problem.

So if anybody knows the fix for this problem i would be really really grateful, or if somebody knows whats the problem when it shows "password err!" all the time?
Thanks in advance.

pawadca

RE: TK102B Password err!

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 pm

I have seen this question a number of times on the Internet and the answer is always the same. If you loose or mess up the new password the only resolution is to reload the firmware.
When asked almost everyone didn't follow the manual for the new password.
" 5.5.2 Make sure the new password is in 6 digits, or else the tracker can not recognize the password. "

Sorry but you may have a new paper weight.
Peter

TK102

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi, thanks for your answer. Well in my case the password is correct, i have done everything by the book, i changed the password from 123456 to another 6 digit password and i got the reply "password OK", so that means that the password change was successful and thats why the password seems not to be the problem in my case.
And as i wrote earlier my password works fine with some commands for example change password command, and initialization command, and time zone change command etc.

So it seems this is something else than a wrong password, and as i said i have changed the password successfully and can use the password for some commands.

Its not quite a paperweight since i can get the coordinates by calling the tracker, but its not far from being a paperweight.
So if anybody has any additional info i would really appreciate.

PS: By the way, is there some way to get to know my exact firmware version and manufacturer? This unit is bought from ebay so I'm not sure what the exact brand and firmware is?

pawadca

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Your last question leads in to my next response. Is it a genuine TK102? There a a bunch of knock offs out there. Search gps-passion and you get a bigger picture of how many people have bought TKs on eBay only to find out that there aren't real TKs.
Have you tried to register it on the XYtracking web app? They have an IEMs filter on the registration page.
If it's not a real TK then you may be sending invalid commands.

pawadca

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:47 pm

You can check the imei on xexun website. http://www.gpstrackerchina.com/

TK102

Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks, yes its not a genuine since i bought it from ebay for a very cheap price, but even though its a copy shouldn't it work the same way anyway, since there are hundreds of people that has knock-off units but their units perform as they should?

About the wrong commands, I've received an "instruction manual" with the purchase and it says the commands that should be written, and i have followed these commands so i don't think the commands are wrong? But who knows, so far i have not tested the GPRS side of things, but the main commands that seems not to be working is "smslink123456" or "smslinkone123456", and "reset123456" says "reset fail", so its seems to be either "password err!" or "(something) fail" that i get as reply most often when things don't work.
And since it seems many people have had this exact problem it looks as the problem is something very specific, but nobody knows exactly what?

Well it seems i will have to use this the way it works now, and also buy a new one.

TK102

Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:25 pm

I will also ask another question here to see if i get an answer before i start a new thread.

Shouldn't the TK102 reply with a current live location based on GSM cell towers when it doesn't have any GPS reception?
When my TK102 doesn't have a GPS reception it seems to only answer with a GSM based SMS message showing the old location from last time when i had a GPS reception.

For example if the clock is 5PM and i deliberately make the unit not have a GPS reception but it still has GSM reception it will reply with a SMS that has a time stamp of for example 6:30AM and shows the location from where the unit was at 6:30AM.

Does it make any sense? Is this the way it should be? I have some other problems with the unit as you can see above, so i want to know if this is also a problem or not. Before i have time to buy a new unit i would like to use this one if possible.

TK102

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:46 am

Anybody? Surely there should be somebody out there knowing the answer to my question? Thanks.

Outlaw308

Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Hello,
The TK102 does not send location based on the cell tower only GPS.

CDIcomics

Re: TK102B Password err!

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:31 am

Have you put your cell phone as an administrator?
my gps just started responding to the commands after I put it (admin123456 + space + your phone number).

I'm with another type of problem, I can not use the app to do traking in real time. Yes, he is also a clone bought in Banggood and did not know until reading this web page.
Basically I'm like you, I can not communicate with GPS if I can not communicate with the app later.

Return to “GPS trackers, AVL hardware, SIM subscriptions etc.”