gltrack

Teltonika Remote configuration commands

Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi,

I have Teltonika FM1100 and FM5300 and I'd like to send remote commands through Gprs using Tcp/ip instead of costly (and lengthy) sms.

I have an outgoing Tcp/Ip connection established with a device that is sending its position to the server every minute, but sending commands formatted according to the manual has no effect whatsoever.

For example:

Sms command getstatus or any other sms command has no effect and no response is received.

Gprs command #GET VERSION or any other gprs command has no effect and no response is received.

setparam 1245 127.0.0.1 or any other gprs command has no effect and the server address field is not changed if a check with Teltonika software configurator.

Any help is appreciated.

Henrik
GpsGate

RE: Teltonika Remote configuration commands

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Configuration of Teltonika FMxxxx and AT1000 devices over GPRS is supported for specific firmware versions.

It is done with ASCII messages following "Codec 12" encoding.

Please contact Teltonika to verify that you have a Firmware version with support for this.

marwan

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:51 am

If you send SMS command to FM1100 please use two empty spaces before the command if no user and password defined with the configurator. Ex : [][]getstatus. However, in GGS terminal just put the command as is. No need for empty spaces.

Hope this helps.

gltrack

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Originally posted by Henrik

Configuration of Teltonika FMxxxx and AT1000 devices over GPRS is supported for specific firmware versions.

It is done with ASCII messages following "Codec 12" encoding.

Please contact Teltonika to verify that you have a Firmware version with support for this.

I've asked Teltonika and they confirm that GPRS protocols description + codec12 is needed.

But to my specific question they say that no custom firmware is required, the changes are only server side.

johan
GpsGate

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:55 pm

GpsGate currently support no kinds of commands over UDP at all for Teltonika.
For TCP text commands are supported for special kinds of firmwares.

Text SMS commands are supported.

Binary commands over TCP and UDP are not supported.

Most likely your FM1100 firmware does not support text commands over UDP. If you know differently, please send us the documentation and we will take a look at it.

When Teltonika says "But to my specific question they say that no custom firmware is required, the changes are only server side." maybe what they mean is binary coded commands and not text commands.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

gltrack

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Originally posted by johan
GpsGate currently support no kinds over UDP at all for Teltonika.

What do you mean exactly ?

After some test with standard firmware, I can confirm that Teltonika FM1100 and FM5300 were not responding to commands because transmission was in Udp mode.

In Tcp mode FM5300 respond to the whole commands shown above, while FM1100 responds only to some commands.

To my point of view there is no difference if commands are binary encoded or not.

Maybe you can add Udp command support in future development .

Return to “GPS trackers, AVL hardware, SIM subscriptions etc.”