Rider79

FM4200 Sleep mode issues

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Hello!
Ive a problem with my FM4200 sleep mode settings:
I tried a lot of different combinations of the accelerometer and the start stop-timeout, GPS min. period and as well the send parameters send period settings.
It seems to the device unable to enter the sleep/deep sleep mode (yes its enabled), because every time it responds to my sms. The user manual indicates, if it is in sleep mode the device not able to receive (and reply) and in the message clearly shows the GPS is on too.

Now Im totally clueless about it. Ive read all the forums and all but no answer. [:(]

What is the working and reasonable parameters?

And looking for a FM42xx Configurator Ver.1.5.0.20, because the previous version cant access to the Global Parameters menu.

Thank you for your help, and Merry Xmas!!

Bolt

RE: FM4200 Sleep mode issues

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:54 am

To get the FM4200/3200/2200 to go into sleep mode, you have to set your recording interval for more than 5 minutes which is absolutely useless.

Rider79

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Yes im aware of that, but I think it can be compensate if I set the min. distance and angle to lower values.
But the sleep modes still depending from the accelerometer settings, if I rule out the 5 minute data recording, sending interval. Maybe the concerning X Y Z sample values in the manual completely wrong, or what kind of twisted sky high parameters have to be set, to put to bed this crappy device? :)
Does anyone actually used this feature successfully?

Bolt

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:59 pm

I queried Teltonika regarding the same issue and when I finally got a reply (3 emails and 10 days later) there was no other way except the 5 minute rule for sending data.

This was 2 years ago and maybe they have upgraded their firmware but don't hold your breath.

Rider79

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Yeah the same here, as Im still waiting for their reply weeks ago.
Well Im finally fed up with this thing, I did what i could, I don't care if it sucks the car batteries dry or not...
I don't have high hopes about the firmwares and stuff too. All the links in the device manual point to outdated or invalid content. They have the worst tech support I have ever seen.

Return to “GPS trackers, AVL hardware, SIM subscriptions etc.”