George7
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:42 pm

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Just another disappointing customer of Teltonika. We are a Fleet Management Company based in Cyprus and all the issues that you mention above are facts. We are facing these issues for more than a year now.

All that Teltonika's Sales Representatives are telling us "Send us some Logs", "You need a new Firmware" and "Our technical department is investigating the issue". Not any real action.

"Freezing" of devices is the most annoying and never ending problem we are having, with almost all versions of Teltonika devices (FM22, FM32, FM42). Colleagues of ours based on other countries are reporting similar issues with us. We are asking Teltonika for a direct communication with the Tech Dept to try solve the faults together but they do not respond or just deny to do so. We only speak to several Sales representatives that do not have any idea of what we are talking about, and their only worry is what quantity they will sell.

Has anyone got a solution to all the problems that this company is causing us?

wintesla
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:47 am
Location: Belgium

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:03 pm

When i see all this negative responses about the Teltonika devices, i am getting a little bit worried.

We use Teltonika devices for almost 2 years now and we never had any issue on this 'freezing' problem. Devices that were installed 2 years ago, still work as they should and we almost never had to swap any unit.

I wounder why this problem did not affect our devices ??

kind regards

no0bles
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:21 pm

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:45 pm

I also had the same problem (Freezing) with FM42,but when i disconnect the power connector from the device (i also disconnect and the battery inside) then connect again the battery and power connector + reset of the device from configuration software.. the device work good for now (4 months) without any problems including freezing.


Originally posted by George7

Just another disappointing customer of Teltonika. We are a Fleet Management Company based in Cyprus and all the issues that you mention above are facts. We are facing these issues for more than a year now.

All that Teltonika's Sales Representatives are telling us "Send us some Logs", "You need a new Firmware" and "Our technical department is investigating the issue". Not any real action.

"Freezing" of devices is the most annoying and never ending problem we are having, with almost all versions of Teltonika devices (FM22, FM32, FM42). Colleagues of ours based on other countries are reporting similar issues with us. We are asking Teltonika for a direct communication with the Tech Dept to try solve the faults together but they do not respond or just deny to do so. We only speak to several Sales representatives that do not have any idea of what we are talking about, and their only worry is what quantity they will sell.

Has anyone got a solution to all the problems that this company is causing us?

marwan
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 am

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi All...

I do agree with you that the FM1100 has a problem. However, I cannot say anything about their support as we never faced any problem with them. Although, we feel that changing the modem module in FM1100 affected its performance. There are two things you can do to rectify this issue:
1- let GGS send a cpureset command every say 2 hours.
2- they can implement cpureset in their firmware. Ask them to send it to you.

N.B we lost many clients because of the FM1100 issue

George7
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:42 pm

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 am

I do agree with you.. By reseting the device (either via sms or on place by unplugging the power cable and the internal battery) the device restarts working. But this is a big problem since not all our clients are close so we can visit them whenever the device has a problem. Also it keeps you busy on sending SMS to the devices all the time.
Moreover, as "marwan" suggested to ask them include the cpureset in the Firmware, we did try this also, but in many cases neither this worked: the device when looses GSM signal it stops sending data. As soon as it finds signal again it is supposed to send all the data back...but this isn't the case. It might come back after a couple of hours or never! This limits "real time tracking" and is not efficient for the customer to visit their devices every now and then because they stop working. We updated the Firmware on devices that we faced this kind of problem but still not working as expected.

Originally posted by marwan

Hi All...

I do agree with you that the FM1100 has a problem. However, I cannot say anything about their support as we never faced any problem with them. Although, we feel that changing the modem module in FM1100 affected its performance. There are two things you can do to rectify this issue:
1- let GGS send a cpureset command every say 2 hours.
2- they can implement cpureset in their firmware. Ask them to send it to you.

N.B we lost many clients because of the FM1100 issue

FM1100_Issue
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:56 pm
Contact: Website

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Regardless of what you are all writing about resolving the issue it should never have happened on this scale (this is a global issue!) and if it did there should have been a product recall or Teltonika should have offered compensation for visits to rectify the matter.

We did more work than Teltonika’s so called Support Desk in resolving this issue. They did offer to us a Portal (R.I.L.S.) that would update the firmware. This was very labour intensive for us and we had to do it “after hours” as we figured a lot of their customers had to use it and it kept crashing.

However this did not resolve the issue as devices were still randomly freezing.

Some would come back online hours or a day or two later; others would not come back online at all.

When we contacted the devices they stated that they were running the version of the firmware that we updated them to but it was apparent that whilst they stated that, they weren’t.

To add to my claim if we updated the firmware via a Computer / USB/ FM1100 we did not experience any issues with those devices.

I reported this to Teltonika a few times but they conveniently never responded to this issue.

We did not lose any customers due to this issue because we proactively informed them when an issue arose and booked an Engineer to visit them and update the firmware via Laptop / USB or replace the device.

However this was a great expense and a lot of wasted time as we could not sell and it also damaged our sales pipeline as we were not talking to prospective clients.

We have taken the decision to use CalAmp 2600 devices. As Calamp are a U.S. based company their quality is high as is their back up service. Fleetmatics are their clients and are huge in the U.S. Furthermore Navman Wireless have handed over their manufacturing to CalAmp.

Any help we’ve needed they sorted it and configurations can be updated in one file over the internet. None of this sending loads of SMS text messages.

They are really easy to set up as well and take about a quarter of the time Teltonika devices take.

Two “big hitters” like Fleetmatics and Navman aren’t clients without goods reason and I can’t imagine either using Teltonika.

Take my advice DO NOT USE TELTONIKA ANYMORE!!! Stop wasting your time and money!

Furthermore Teltonika attitude of late stinks. They told us that after the issues we’d had they would compensate us. Then they told us that would only be on future orders.

Now they have contacted us offering us cheaper FM1100 devices. They have told us that this is a special offer just to us that includes compensation. However I know other companies in the industry and they have made the same offer to us. One of these companies has never ordered an FM1100 yet they made the offer to them as well!

We suspect they are in major financial trouble now hence the reason they are attempting to offload a product that never worked properly in the first place.

The product line has become very unstable, their back up service is very poor, and they ignore certain emails yet want you to do more business with them.

Babatunde
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 pm
Location: Nigeria

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Wao Teltonika, thank goodness for some disappointments, their manager of International sales has been continuously calling and mailing me for about 2 weeks to buy 50 units at 45%, deal fell through cos they couldn't give me a 3 day delivery time to meet my client's orders. Thanks everyone for sharing your experience, you just saved a life and several families wages, this new client has got about 1600 vehicles - imagine the losses

ggsgeek
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:51 am

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:45 pm

I bought an FM11 which failed in just 2 hours and they pushed me to buy more. I asked them to give me a replacement before I can place further orders. Guess what - They never called back.

Teltonika.co
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: United Arab Emirates

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 am

Hello,

wintesla:
Since you quite happy with Teltonika devices, I'm wondering how many of those are FM1100? And if any of these FM1100 units are most recent purchase or earlier models? Also if you can share a bit info about what FW is used. Thanks.

George7:
seems like you are not using FM1100 device as only other models are mentioned? What FW is used for your FM4200?

marwan:
What FW is used and if any difference in performace with earlier FM1100 models and latest?

FM1100_Issue:
You said: "To add to my claim if we updated the firmware via a Computer / USB/ FM1100 we did not experience any issues with those devices."
Are you saying that FM1100 devices that have latest FW updated via USB cable runs smoothly and no issues with such FM1100 devices running on GGS?

Babatunde:
Don't be scared of Teltonika devices just because you couldn't get delivery in 3days. Find someone that could do that.
Also, why would you judge device performance without even testing it?

ggsgeek:
What exactly happened to that FM1100 device to fail in two hours? or was it defective in the first place before you even start using it?
Is it a recent purchase?

Everyone:
It would be great to know if problems/issues are with latest FM1100 devices or earlier FM1100 devices?
And if any problem to update devices via RILS?

Thanks to All,
look forward to hear any recent feedback on mentioned above. Please add more details just as user "FM1100_issue" as it is much easier to follow well mentioned facts.

P.S. We used a number of FM1100 devices and so far good.
Tech support is not an issue, as long as equipment performance is good.

info@Teltonika.co Resellers of original Teltonika hardware FM1100/FM4200/FM5300

ggsgeek
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:51 am

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:33 pm

We bought the FM11 from a local dealer. we configured the device and started the testing. We could see data on Terminal but despite of proper SIM configuration, we could never see the data coming to the server. This continued for two hours and then suddenly the unit stopped working. I'm sure the there was no over-voltage issue since we have been doing this for all the trackers. After the malfunction, the device never responded. It did not even connect to laptop. The local dealer said that there's no one to provide support or replacement on this. There's no update after this. It is still lying as is.

George7
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:42 pm

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:31 am

Glad that you started listening!!
To answer your question talk to Mr. Donatas or Mr. Paulius.
Your sale managers. They are more than aware of our issues.

Originally posted by Teltonika.co

Hello,

wintesla:
Since you quite happy with Teltonika devices, I'm wondering how many of those are FM1100? And if any of these FM1100 units are most recent purchase or earlier models? Also if you can share a bit info about what FW is used. Thanks.

George7:
seems like you are not using FM1100 device as only other models are mentioned? What FW is used for your FM4200?

marwan:
What FW is used and if any difference in performace with earlier FM1100 models and latest?

FM1100_Issue:
You said: "To add to my claim if we updated the firmware via a Computer / USB/ FM1100 we did not experience any issues with those devices."
Are you saying that FM1100 devices that have latest FW updated via USB cable runs smoothly and no issues with such FM1100 devices running on GGS?

Babatunde:
Don't be scared of Teltonika devices just because you couldn't get delivery in 3days. Find someone that could do that.
Also, why would you judge device performance without even testing it?

ggsgeek:
What exactly happened to that FM1100 device to fail in two hours? or was it defective in the first place before you even start using it?
Is it a recent purchase?

Everyone:
It would be great to know if problems/issues are with latest FM1100 devices or earlier FM1100 devices?
And if any problem to update devices via RILS?

Thanks to All,
look forward to hear any recent feedback on mentioned above. Please add more details just as user "FM1100_issue" as it is much easier to follow well mentioned facts.

P.S. We used a number of FM1100 devices and so far good.
Tech support is not an issue, as long as equipment performance is good.

info@Teltonika.co Resellers of original Teltonika hardware FM1100/FM4200/FM5300

FM1100_Issue
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:56 pm
Contact: Website

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 am

Originally posted by Teltonika.co

Hello,

FM1100_Issue:
You said: "To add to my claim if we updated the firmware via a Computer / USB/ FM1100 we did not experience any issues with those devices."
Are you saying that FM1100 devices that have latest FW updated via USB cable runs smoothly and no issues with such FM1100 devices running on GGS?

Thanks to All,
look forward to hear any recent feedback on mentioned above. Please add more details just as user "FM1100_issue" as it is much easier to follow well mentioned facts.

P.S. We used a number of FM1100 devices and so far good.
Tech support is not an issue, as long as equipment performance is good.

info@Teltonika.co Resellers of original Teltonika hardware FM1100/FM4200/FM5300


I am stating that if we updated the firmware via a Computer / USB / FM1100 then it updated to the correct version and the issues were no longer apparent.

If we updated via your R.I.L.S. software then the device would respond to our request and state that it was running the correct version. However the issues were still there (randomly freezing).

I emailed you once about this, then sent 2 more emails chasing you up, “Why don’t you answer my email?”

As usual Teltonika are selective about what they choose to answer and yet your Sales Rep, who I have sent the email to has no problems in emailing me about special offers that ended the week before last, then last week the probably this week.

Teltonika.co
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: United Arab Emirates

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Dear Friends,

Don't just get too excited hoping that Teltonika will start responding messages on Forum :)

We are resellers of Teltnika Fleet Management hardware and solution provider. We are NOT manufacturer.
I mentioned earlier, that we have no major issues with FM1100 devices, and therefore, no much tech support is needed in the first place.
I was concerned seeing some comments, though, so decided to ask more in details of anyone else experience.
Thank you for feedback!

worx
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 pm
Location: United Kingdom

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Apart from 90% of my units freezing still i also have had a Dead FM1100 unit on my desk, the lights flash but that is about it, i have done log files sent them to Teltonika, They said its down to the installation ( i installed it myself ) then must be the sim card ( nope that's my test sim and its still working), then is it near metal ( oh we must only install into plastic cars now )

Finally they agreed to swap it/repair it, it got sent back marked 'Repaired'

I tested it, still dead, i contacted my sales rep whilst they were offering my 50 units at 40 euros, they said they need another log file, 2 weeks later they are still refusing to swap it, you would think it would be easier for them to just swap it rather than keep trying log files pestering me

If they offer me 50units for free i still would take them as id end up paying more in service calls


So after weeks of freezing, we also have decided to rip out all our FM1100 units and Replace with Calamp LMU2610

I have installed 100's of calamp units for Fleetmatics over the years, I don't know why i even bothered going down the Teltonika Route in the first place.

When i said i will be returning all there frozen units and demanded a Full refund on all of the units that were under 12months old due to 'Not Fit For Purpose' they offered me more discounted units

Looks like my recycle bin will have lots of FM1100 units soon

FM1100_Issue
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:56 pm
Contact: Website

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 am

We're in the same situation as worx.

We have some units "repaired" by Teltonika here on the work bench. It cost us to send the money to them and the cost of posting them yet most of them still don't work. Plus it takes more time trying to find out which ones do / don't work.

It takes us 1/2 the time to prepare double the amount of CalAmp 2610 devices. If there's an issue then they either repair all of it themselves online or send us a new device next day and ask us to send the other back.

Economically Teltonika is way more expensive.

If any of the so called repaired devices we have don't work then we're dumping them.

Return to “GPS trackers, AVL hardware, SIM subscriptions etc.”