wintesla

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:56 pm

@lefkasadamantios

I too have noticed that the socket is giving bad connections !!
I first thought it was a bad connector, untill i used another one with the same problem.
I will tell our sales representative about it ! Hope they will fix this.

kind regards

FM1100_Issue

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:35 pm

To those that are having issues with the socket connections on the FM1100:-

What have Teltonika said about this? Are they replacing your devices or have they come up with a fix?
<font color="blue"></font id="blue"><font color="blue"></font id="blue"><font size="5"></font id="size5"><font color="red"></font id="red">

wintesla

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:24 am

Our representative confirmed the problem with the socket.
He advised to use plastic stripes for the units that were already purchased, new units should have good sockets.

I am going to buy some new devices and will check if problem is really solved.

I will keep you informed.

marwan

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 am

I am not sure it is a socket problem. We tried different devices from different Teltonika batch's but still same problem. In my previous post, I mentioned that using Teltonika's AVL system, FM1100 works fine with GGS it is not. But the strange thing is that if you reset the FM1100, it works back again and sends current positions in GGS for sometime then stops.
Any idea.

wintesla

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:31 pm

I think there are 2 different problems then, because my problem is bad connection in connector for sure !We weren't even able to send SMS command to do a reset because of power failure.
Your problem is not known by me...

johan
GpsGate

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:38 pm

fm1100user & FM1100_Issue, could it be that your problems is caused by the socket problem "wintesla" describes. It sounds like it could be like that to me. That would also explain why the firmware updates does not work, since it is a mechanical problem.

(What john.survey.2010 describes seems to be something else.)

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

FM1100_Issue

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 am

Originally posted by wintesla

I think there are 2 different problems then, because my problem is bad connection in connector for sure !We weren't even able to send SMS command to do a reset because of power failure.
Your problem is not known by me...
We have also had this problem. We have done site visits, updated the firmware and re-flashed the configuration profile. With some devices it works for a while and then comes back.

FM1100_Issue

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Originally posted by marwan

I am not sure it is a socket problem. We tried different devices from different Teltonika batch's but still same problem. In my previous post, I mentioned that using Teltonika's AVL system, FM1100 works fine with GGS it is not. But the strange thing is that if you reset the FM1100, it works back again and sends current positions in GGS for sometime then stops.
Any idea.

wintesla who is your representative please?

FM1100_Issue

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:39 pm

I have put the Socket issue to Teltonika and they won't admit it! Anyone else having that issue?

wintesla

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:44 pm

My representative is international sales manager Adomas Vaitkevicius.

He always helps me where he can to solve device related issues.

Our mechanical problem should be solved with the newly produced devices (other supplier of sockets).

marwan

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Gents, your devices are not sending new locations. If you reset device sending is back again and normal. How could this be a socket issue. I think it is more than that. I heard that Teltonika changed their modem inside the FM1100 (different modem than FM2200) it looks like the problem is there in terms of firmware and GGS understanding some related commands to this firmware.

rgds

johan
GpsGate

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:02 pm

It seems to be two separate problems.

1. That the device gets unresponsive. I assume this can be explained with the "socket issue" as "wintesla" posted information about.

2. The device keeps sending the same position, despite it is moving as "john.survey.2010" and "marwan" seems to have problems with. Regarding this issue I had the following tips from Teltonika support:

FM1100 the same position can send if:

1. GPS fix lost

2. Static navigation Mode: enabled (if movement not detect (by Ignition or movement sensor) and coordinate start change –device will ingot all changes and send the same coordinate as was before stop

You can turn off static navigation filter with SMS command:

SMSlogin SMSpassword setparam 1003 0

Also if you detect movement by Movement sensor, please check how set averaging constant in Movement IO element, because this parameter indicate start move timeout, recommend set 2-3 sec.:

SMSlogin SMSpassword setparam 1405 3

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

worx

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi Guys

We have also been having fun with these units

For weeks we have these units freezing on us, not showing journeys or sending end of event data, still shows ignition on with the car 1/2 a mile away

Teltonika informed us that its our system or the config not there unit as they haven't had this before.. I Dont think so

Then we was told nope you need new firmware..ok updated

Nope still no good

Next been told its our signal as where the units have failed its poor reception on vodafone so why has a 11 mile trip not showed up ..cant be bad signal for 11 miles in london

We put a unit on there system to test and it works fine..???? Looking at the data log it shows where the units freeze and doesn't send data the GSM levels are 0/1 but i have also a different make of unit on vodafone and that works 100% in the same areas as the fm1100 locks up

One of the places it freeze the most is outside our office, some times it shows my car is down the road for 12 hours with ignition on still ( its not i can see it out the window), i can drive around the block and the system shows it hasn't updated and still down the road 1/2 a mile away

If i drive out the area it then updates after a while, yes its not a perfect signal outside my office but far from poor, why does our other units ( with internal antennas so should not be as good ) work fine in the same car, same vodafone network

So why don't the fm1100 work ..i thinks its down to these untis not being good at getting signal, unless they see perfect signal they freeze after looking for signal

I had tried turning off my deep sleep and that has made a difference and it seams to send that last bit of data..might take 5 mins to update but it shows me at my office with ignition off but only been 2 days so far

FM1100_Issue

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 am

<font color="navy">After we updated some unit to their latest firmware some units froze. Teltonika stated it was due to a lack of coverage in the area. This can’t be true as the vehicle would go back to the customer’s office and the drive’s home where there has never been an issue and it would have come back to life there.

Like I said this issue came about after we had updated the firmware to the one they claim has fixed the issue. It hadn’t frozen during the 3 weeks it was running a previous version!

They then tried to blame the Engineer who fitted it. As if our Engineer has never fitted a Tracking Device to Mercedes Sprinter before! Their “solution” to this is for to go out to the device, take photos of where it is fitted, ask the customer to send a data log and us to replace it; all out our own expense; and I’ve got that in writing! Even so I have told them that it could be left in the foot-well, on the back seat or on the driver’s lap it should still work. What planet are these people from?

This attitude just about sums up the FM1100 and Teltonika’s attitude.

Replacing the FM2200 which we never had an issue with, with the FM1100 was a big mistake. The second big mistake is Teltonika’s approach to not testing this device properly (we have proven that they don’t fit their devices to their own vehicles to test; can you believe that?!), their slow attitude towards taking this matter seriously, the way they blame everyone else but themselves and the FM1100 and expect their customers to do most of the work in sending data to them and replacing devices at their own cost.</font id="navy">

FM1100_Issue

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Our Engineers have been going out to the FM1100 that are no longer communicating to update the firmware and configuration. Now we have a new issue. Whilst some update and are still working at the moment we have others that will update to the firmware and configuration, have the flashing lights on them but will not update our software.

Some of the devices we can contact via SMS and they are not reporting in any issues however some will not communicate back to us at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Return to “GPS trackers, AVL hardware, SIM subscriptions etc.”