maciej80

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:10 pm

I have some issues with the FM1100 devicw when I'm trying to connect device to my PC through USB cable.

Some important things.

OS - Windows 7.
drivers - http://avl1.teltonika.lt/downloads/FM11 ... _setup.zip
configuration program - http://avl1.teltonika.lt/downloads/FM11/

Drivers installed without any issues, but when i'm trying to connect via configuration program i have a message: "No valid com port found".

Status and navigation LED on the device are always off.

Is there any opportunity to get the data from the device ?

gltrack

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Can someone please tell what is the latest firmware version for FM1100 device ?

Also, has anyone problems with FM1100 deep sleep mode ?

If I set deep sleep to 5 minutes, the device seems to ignore it.

fiosca

Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:19 pm

I know this is a very old thread, but we're using some FM1120 and we're still experiencing many freezes on the devices. I would say that after 2 months the 25% of the devices got stuck.

We're using a very new firmware, version 01.14.04, but still experiencing 2 major issues:

- After remote firmware update or configuration upload, devices freeze
- Same freeze at random time.

When device freezes, it doesn't register to the GSM network, so there's no other way to just power cycling the tracker in order to fix the problem.

I read that all those freeze issues had been fixed many years ago, but not really sure.
Is anybody still facing freeze problems?

We saw that configurations with deep sleep enabled are more affected to freeze issues....

gltrack

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Originally posted by fiosca
- After remote firmware update or configuration upload, devices freeze

From what I remember, once you upload a new firmware, configuration resets to default values...

fiosca

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:21 am

In general, once you update firmware OTA, sometimes it loses the configuration and sometimes it doesn't.

We use FOTA software for remote update and even though the device reset to factory defaults we can remotely send configuration.

But this is not our case, we have many devices (20%) that in general still freeze after few weeks or days, also with the latest firmware version.

All trackers are connected to LV-CAN200.

gltrack

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:38 pm

In general, once you update firmware OTA, sometimes it loses the configuration and sometimes it doesn't.

We use FOTA software for remote update and even though the device reset to factory defaults we can remotely send configuration.

But this is not our case, we have many devices (20%) that in general still freeze after few weeks or days, also with the latest firmware version.

All trackers are connected to LV-CAN200.

All the devices with the described problem have an LV-CAN200 while the other devices are ok ?

fiosca

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Actually we have only FM1100 with LV-CAN200.
The only reason we use Teltonika is LV-CAN200.

For "standard" tracking solution without OBD2 acquisition we use different suppliers (a lot more reliable).

No idea if freeze is due to LV-CAN200, but in general it's a separate device and seems to work well.

gltrack

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:17 pm

You should report more details:

- What the status leds are showing ?

- What the terminal log file contains (if accessible) ?

- What does Teltonika support says ?

gltrack

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:40 pm

... also try to be more specific with "device freeze":

FM1100 becomes totally unresponsive and you have to remove power to make it work again or it can't register to the Gsm network ?

If the latter is true, FM1100 should upload track hystory to the server when the gsm connection is available again.

fiosca

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:22 pm

Ok, I'm gonna try to provide you with more details:

- LEDs are blinking, but don't know exactly how. I can ask and try to get gather more info.

- Terminal log is not accessible, because vehicles are far away for any engineer able to unmount the dashboard of the vehicle and connect a PC.

- Trackers are not registered to the GSM network.

- With "freeze" I mean that devices are powered on but not registered to the GSM network. Many of them remained frozen for weeks. If you disconnect the tracker and power it on again, the tracker starts communicating again, but no track history is sent to the server.

- The technical support just say "Without connecting the tracker to USB we cannot know the problem. Just unmount it and we'll replace it with a brand new one".

fiosca

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 pm

Just forgot one important thing: we're talking about FM1120 and not FM1100.

But they're same device but with internal battery...

gltrack

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:59 pm

Ok, I'm gonna try to provide you with more details:

- LEDs are blinking, but don't know exactly how. I can ask and try to get gather more info.

Ok

- Terminal log is not accessible, because vehicles are far away for any engineer able to unmount the dashboard of the vehicle and connect a PC.

You may try to do this with a netbook and remote support, just ask someone to connect an usb cable to FM device and then you may upload some software.

- Trackers are not registered to the GSM network.

They do not even respond to sms messages ?

From your description it seems that the new uploaded configuration contains some parameter that is causing the problem, for example a new Home Operator Code or maybe a problem with the sim pin.

Also maybe the device is not making the transition from Stop state to Moving State: this may be triggered by different aspects detailed in the manual.

With no access to the device there are too many aspects to consider to narrow down any possible causes...

fiosca

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:27 pm

The issue is not really related to remote update, but freezes happen randomly, also after days from the configuration or firmware update.

The don't respond to SMS message because they are not registered to GSM network at all! Maybe it's a problem of antenna, because FM1120 has an internal battery that has to be connected manually because shipping. This involves removing the GSM antenna and mounting it again.

We know about PIN code issue. All our SIM cards doesn't have a SIM pin.
From what I've seen, it looks like the trackers don't exit the sleep mode (but why LEDs are blinking?)

budalu3

Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Originally posted by wintesla

@s1x1hboy5
@jasminvi

i have send you my latest version

kind regards

@wintesla

Hi Wintesla. Would you be kind enough to send the FM1100 firmware to budalu3@gmail.com?

I have a device with a firmware that is not compatible with any of the configurators on their website and their costumer support is just a nightmare.

Thanks a lot.

gltrack

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Originally posted by wintesla
i have send you my latest version

Hi Guys, if possible post here what is the latest firmware version for this device.

Return to “GPS trackers, AVL hardware, SIM subscriptions etc.”