FM1100_Issue

Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:17 pm

We and other companies I know of in the United Kingdom are having major issues with Teltonika’s FM1100 GPS Vehicle Tracking Device.

The FM1100 randomly stops reporting in regardless of whether the vehicle ignition is off, on or the vehicle is moving.

Teltonika informed us in November 2011 that they would be discontinuing the FM2200 and releasing its replacement, the FM1100 in April 2012. They then released it in December 2011 giving us hardly any time for software development or testing.

Also we have noticed that Teltonika have changed the Modem in the FM1100 device and updated the firmware from Version 01.02.02 to 01.02.06 to 01.02.07 to 01.02.09 without telling us.

They apparently don’t feel the need to inform us of this as these “improvements” are so miniscule. So miniscule that our Software Development staff are banging their head against a brick wall, we are replacing these devices for others whilst on Prayer Mats rather than selling and our clients are becoming more frustrated.

They have stated that the issues is firmware related, then it’s modem related, then it’s our software, then it’s a compatibility issue between the firmware and the modem, now it’s a configuration issue.

We have tested copious amounts of their so called fixes for the aforementioned issues and but none of them have worked.

Not only that we can’t speak with any of their Technical Staff, only Sales Reps. In one email they are telling us that the FM1100 is their most popular product, has been received really well around the globe and that the issue(s) relates only to us. Then in other emails they are mentioning other companies even in other countries with the same issue(s).

As Al Pacino said in Glengarry Glen Ross “You should always tell the truth. It’s the easiest thing to remember”

Is anyone else having these issues with Teltonika's FM1100?<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font size="2"></font id="size2"><font size="4"></font id="size4"><font size="2"></font id="size2"><font face="Arial"></font id="Arial">

fm1100user

RE: Teltonika FM1100 Issue / Problem/ Not Working / Fr

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:36 pm

FM1100 is a great looking unit from the technical blurb - However the reality is that is doesnt function the way that it should.

This is effecting peoples businesses and I agree with wat has been previously written without repeating it.

They at Teltonika want to blame everyone else and point people in the other direction the truth is it needs fixed properly and swiftly by them.

They are causing loss of business but not only to the end user telematics companies but everyone else in the chain.

I for one will not supply my customers these units unil they fix the issue of the end of journey's and unit freezing.

Is the anyone else having these problems, I am sure its not just us two.

I will expose this company on every public forum until they resolve this fast.

johan
GpsGate

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:46 pm

It sounds in your text like you are not using GpsGate for the moment. We have not had noticeable many complaints on FM1100, and still Teltonika is very popular option for GpsGate users

For testing purposes I suggest that you setup a GpsGate Server, which is free for up to 5 users, connect a FM1100 and checks if you get similar problems. Download and get started here:
http://GpsGate.com/download

Here are supported devices and how to connect:
http://GpsGate.com/devices

Comments regarding the FM1100 quality from other users are of course most welcome.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

fm1100user

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi

The specific problems are last event shutdown & random freezing of the units.

Thanks

FM1100_Issue

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Hello Johan

Thank you for your comments but this issue has not arisen because we’re not using your product.

The FM2200 worked fine (as do other manufacturer’s devices) and Teltonika have admitted that the fault is with the FM1100 but can’t make their minds up what the issue is or fix it.

This has been going on for 2 months with us now, i.e. since we first installed these devices.

All the best.

FM1100_Issue

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Thank you fm1100user. That's exactly the issue we are having. Teltonika are now blaming our configuration profiles and emailed me a profile which they out together and resolve the issue.

I configured a device and took it for a test run. It froze on Saturday afternoon just before the ignition was switched off and came back to life this morning.

Some fix!

FM1100_Issue

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Also when an FM1100 device freezes we attempt to contact it by SMS Text Message. However we get no reply until the device ‘decides’ to start communicating again.

The devices aren’t on Sleep Mode so they should respond.

That’s not a configuration issue as the device has not been configured to do this. Nor is it a software / server issue as the FM2200 doesn’t do this.

fm1100user

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks FM1100 Issue, I was made to beleive I was an isolated company with these issues, however I have been hearing over the past couple of weeks this is a much larger problem.

I think its time Teltonika were held to task over this as it needs resolved.

Hey have openly lied and blamed the software integration and saying their other users dont have these issues, but I firmly dont believe them, we just want it fixed.

Give us an FM1100 that works thats all we are asking.

We need to get back to our customers and let them know what is happening, as they think we are stalling them!!!

lefkasadamantios

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:40 am

Dear friends

We spend many many hours trying to fix the problem with fm 1100 the reason that the device is freezing comes from bad soket connection if you try to move the power cable up and down the device is loosing power and restarts again unless sometimes it has no power at all the rradon that it comes to life is due to vibration o f the vehicle.the solution is to fold the wiring cable #959;#957; the device and put a cable tie so you can keep it stady
Hope I help

john.survey.2010

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:14 pm

FM1100 has been erratic to us too. Some devices keep online while sending old GPS data. We dont suspect a problem as the device is online and is sending data. However, when remotely reset with cpureset command, they immediately start sending new positions and we find out that the vehicle has covered hundreds of kilometers during that duration. Worst part is that there is no way we can find out which route vehicle took as we only get two locations - one old and one new and a straight line drawn between them. In one case this was for 1700 KMS.

johan
GpsGate

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:44 pm

You can try to setup an Event Rule which sends back a reset command to the device if you have no valid position for a specific time.

Do like this:

A. Create a Template Command which resets the device. More info on Template Commands here:
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10220

Note that you can send the command over SMS. Or if the device supports GPRS commands, you can setup the command to be sent once the device connects / is connected.

The Terminal is a very useful tool when testing commands.

B. Create an Event Rule with an "Offline Expression" in Step 4. Set a time out, select rule to turn True of there is no "valid position".

Note that you can set the rule to only function during office hours (Step 2.).

C. Add a "Command Notifier" in Step 5. set it to send "back to device". Select your Template Command.

Now save and test!

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

john.survey.2010

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi Johan,
In our case, problem is that the device doesnt get offline. The position too remains valid (though its not actual vehicle position). So it keeps sending location data and server understands that its valid. There is no way for find out its happening except customer informing us that his vehicle is still showing at location A whereas in actual it has reached location B hundreds of kms away.
Then we realise its time to send a reset command.

johan
GpsGate

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:55 pm

In those cases is the speed zero?

In that case try this:

Create an expression in Step 4. that compares Speed to 0. Then mark the event as "delayed", and delay it for example 2 hours.

And in this way you can send back the reset command if the speed is zero for 2 hours time.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

john.survey.2010

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 pm

That can be done. Still 2 hours of tracking will be lost, if the device is in hang mode.
Though it is a hardware issue, appreciate your suggestions Johan.
Thanks

marwan

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:27 pm

We have the same problem as @john.survey.2010. Terminal data already sent to GGS support. We contacted Teltonika many times, they modified their firmware many times and we tested it but same. However, Teltonika's final conclusion was to switch to their own server if GGS is not working. So far we lost one account of 16 vehicles because of this and we will loose another one shortly. We could not pin-point the error, is it GGS or teltonika device. The weird thing is that we use Laipac as well and it is working with GGS. We use teltonika's own AVL software and their device is working properly.
I think there should be a better communication between GGS technical people and Teltonika support to resolve this issue once and for all.
rgds

Return to “GPS trackers, AVL hardware, SIM subscriptions etc.”