brightak

"Could not load file or assembly"

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:22 am

I was very impressed with your product, but my employer decided not to expense it. I removed it from my code, and while it works fine in VS 2005 Visual Basic debugging environment, my clients get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'SerialNET.200, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d529d3eaea61b0c3' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I get the same error when I run the install. Why would it look for a file that I removed? Why would it work in one evironment but not another? Please help.

brightak

RE: "Could not load file or assembly"

Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:35 pm

So I reinstalled the trial SerialNet.200.dll and invoked the license key. I know it's the right license key because I used it for the Simple1.vbproj sample under .NET Framework 2.0/VB.Net sample. I even built and installed the sample and it works, but, again, my code only works under the debug environment. When I run it from Program Files, it gives me "License key is invalid." error.

Please advise, this is a high priority.

johan
GpsGate

Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Please remove any references to SerialTools. Also remove code that you have used to access SerialTools classes. Please read in the Visual Studio manual how to handle references to assemblies. Or find some beginners guide to VB.NET using Google.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

brightak

Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:26 pm

It was my mistake. I was debugging on program and installing another. Thanks for your help.

Return to “SerialTools”