kansas

Error receiving data

Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:58 pm

Hello

I am trying to run SerialNET dll in my project and I have some problems.
First problem was with configuring the port - I get the error configure port statement. After some time I have discovered that having ActiveSync running same time caused this error. So I have turned this off. I can set up the port and even write to it. But still can't receive any data. The device is ok - I can read data with WindowsXP terminal without problems. The event is fired, but the received string is empty. I have little suspicion that maybe port.startTrigger should be set. I see same signs in terminal every. Sorry for my non technical describe but in ascii decoding it is smile face at the beginning and heart sign at the end (stx and etx ascii chars). I suppose they are signs for beginning and end transmission. So, what kind of string should I try put to the starttriger property ?
How to recognise my device is sending byte[] or string ? Maybe active sync is still blocking some kind of functionality?
I have tried with various configuration - without success.
I would be very appreciated for any answer

kansas

RE: Error receiving data

Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:03 pm

PS.
I am using windows ce 3.0, compact framework 1.0 and pocket pc 2002

kansas

RE: Error receiving data

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:47 pm

Hello

I have solved the problem - it was activeSync conf problem - now I can receive data. Thank you

Return to “SerialTools”