Alon

Q. about VPort, GpsGate etc.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:44 pm

i have 2 PDA applications that need to use the com port.
in the first application im using SerialTools (ver. 1.*) and the other application is a 3rd party so they both use the virtual ports of the GpsGate.

now, for my question - Can I use the new SerialTools instaed of the GpsGate ? does it require a third application which will operate on all time and will produce the VPorts for my first application and the 3rd party application ?

another thing - i tried to run the examples in the new SDK but none worked - it fails on the the Form1_Load event in this line: " objVPort = New SerialNET.VPort". i read the only message on the forum regarding this - but still couldnt resolved it (i've got GpsGate on my PPC).

another question, does my old SerialTools licence is valid for the version 2.0 ? (i bought it 3 month ago...)

thanks,

Alon

johan
GpsGate

RE: Q. about VPort, GpsGate etc.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:22 pm

You first question is very hard to answer, since it depends so much on your needs. In general I would say that if GpsGate solves your problems now - stick with it.

To resolve your "Form1_Load" problems, please read the developer's manual on how to install the serial driver:
http://franson.biz/serialtools/guide.asp?platform=netcf

Regarding licensing, please read about Standard and Pro licenses under:
http://franson.biz/serialtools/purchase.asp

A Standard license does not convert into a Pro license.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Alon

Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:15 pm

about my "first" question - ill try to be clearer - no matter my needs, is it possible to create with SerialTools ver. 2.0 two or more VPOrt for the use of other unrelated application working on same PPC at the same time ? the bottom line is - i'm trying to avoide the purchasing of more GpsGate licence if i can develope an appliction who'll do the same with SerialTools...

about the "Form1_Load" - i already did all by your "developer's manual". i also tried new temporary licence key from the site, my registered licence, the licence that comes with sample. nothing worked...

more suggestions ?

about the licence - the new SerialTools version comes in standerd licence too, isn't it ?

thanks,

Alon

johan
GpsGate

Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:24 pm

Please check out the SerialTools Pro license first. It is most likely more expensive for you.

SerialTools is just a component that you use in your own developed application. Download the SDK and take a look at the samples and you will understand.

The Standard license does not include virtual ports, please read the conditions here:
http://franson.biz/serialtools/purchase.asp

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Return to “SerialTools”