ravey72

Virtual Serial Port for Blue Tooth Communication

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:05 pm

Hi

Is it possible to create a Virtual Serial Port in a Windows .NET application. Open this Serial Port in the same app to be used by a Mobile phone app, via bluetooth, to send data to?

I have a bluetooth dongle installed on my PC, which are assigned to COM11 and COM12. I assume these are Virtual Serial Ports created when the bluetooth dongle gets installed.

Is there a way of determining in a C#.NET app, via your tools, which COM ports are assigned to the Bluetooth Dongle (or bluetooth card if installed), so that this COM Port can be opened, allowing the Mobile Phone to discover the Serial Port Service to connect and send data to.

Or can I create a new Virtual Serial Port which mimics a Bluetooth Device, exposing a Serial Port Profile, such that the Mobile can discover this device and send data to the PC app?

Thanks very much for your help.
Kind Regards
Rav

johan
GpsGate

RE: Virtual Serial Port for Blue Tooth Communication

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:10 pm

You cannot do this using SerialTools. It sounds like you should take a look at BlueTools:
http://franson.com/forum

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

hunsiong

RE: Virtual Serial Port for Blue Tooth Communication

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:17 pm

I am using BlueTools which using PDA connect to a embedded devices through serial port. However, I found out that I only can connect to one serial port service at a time but not more than that. Is that possible using Serial Tools to create a virtual com port from created bluetooth com port to allow more serial port connection happen?

Thanks!

Regards,
Hun Siong

Return to “SerialTools”