jh@nixi.com

Last seen incorrect Server 2.0 Beta

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi,

I am trying out the 2.0 beta now. It looks great.

I noticed though that there is a problem with the last seen field. For example now I have it like this:

Last updated: 2008-06-01 18:43:53

but I have a track that goes for today 2008-06-02 and it is still used right now.

I might have pressed the "Request Position" at that time (18:43:53) yesterday. I am not sure how it works. I am using Globalsat TR-151.

By the way, do you want posts about the beta here or do you have another place for 2.0 Beta?

user24

RE: Last seen incorrect Server 2.0 Beta

Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:57 pm

Hello jh@nixi.com, let me see if I understood you correctly, you had a TR-151 Device running against your installation of the new Beta?

- And after having clicked on the Request Position-button the Last Update stopped at that time, but the Track continued growing?
- If you restart your device, does the Last Update in the Vehicle List and the Alarms - Message menu update, or is the Last Update-value permanently locked?
- I have been unable to replicate this bug so far.

This forum is the correct one if you wish to report bugs on the Beta of GpsGate Server 2.0, and any feedback and bug reports you post are most welcome.

/ With regards
Franson support

GPS Tracking

jh@nixi.com

Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:22 am

Originally posted by schmorgen

Hello jh@nixi.com, let me see if I understood you correctly, you had a TR-151 Device running against your installation of the new Beta?
Yes
- And after having clicked on the Request Position-button the Last Update stopped at that time, but the Track continued growing?
Yes that is correct. I now also have 3 tracks after this date and time.

- If you restart your device, does the Last Update in the Vehicle List and the Alarms - Message menu update, or is the Last Update-value permanently locked?
I restarted the device but no difference

How does the Request Position work?

If you want I can give you access to the web server (it is only me using it now)

Jonathan Hjertström

user24

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Hello Jonathan, the Request Position-button is not yet implemented in this version, when its done it will be a tool for the Application Administrators to "poll" a device in a vehicle and get its current position and status.

We dont need access to your server right now. If you remove the device and add it again to the same user using the "Manage Users -> Remove/Add Device", is the Last Update still locked?

/ With regards
Franson support

GPS Tracking

jh@nixi.com

Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:34 am

I did try to remove the Device under Vehicle management and then adding it again but no affect. I did not remove the whole car.

But last night after the device had been offline for some hours the Last seen updated to correct time. I will check today if it continues to be correct.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”