torototeo

unable tu install, password problem

Tue May 27, 2008 5:12 pm

After having installed gpsserver on my laptop and verified that it wors perfectly I bought the licence and I tryed to install the program to my server, that it is a normal pc with windows xp pro sp2, I have done the same things of before (on my laptop), but in this pc it gave me problem to install, so I've tryed to another pc, but I had the same problem.
After creating new database and inserted the user id and password it give mi this error:

Test: INSERT Failed with message: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Access denied for user 'root'@localhost' (using password:NO)

Can you help me? I've checked the database with Mysql administrator, and I can not find error!! I also checked with test from administrator tools of windows and it work perfectly..Seems like when gpsgate try to create a new database it can't connect for password trouble

user24

RE: unable tu install, password problem

Tue May 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Hello Torototeo, try using the 3.51 ODBC-driver instead. There seems to an issue with our Installation Wizard and the latest version 5.1.4 of MySQLs ODBC Driver, we are looking for a solution to this.

Our recommendation is to do the installation of GpsGate Server with the 3.51 ODBC Driver, you can always upgrade to the newer version later, when you have a working installation (dont forget to manually create a new DSN also if you do this).

/ With regards
Franson support

GPS Tracking

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”