iantull

Removing users ?

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:16 am

Hi, I have my system installed and running. Tested out a user as a buddy entry, using my mobile phone, all worked great. In the "playing" with the setting up of administrator and users, I added some incorrectly and then removed them. I tried to add vehicles and found that I had used up all my licenses and in checking have found that although I have "removed" my incorrect user entries, they are still there and are using up my licenses. How can I remove users or administrator entries (not the main admin) to allow me to enter my vehicle entries.

Thanks
Ian

altf4

RE: Removing users ?

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:50 am

i made the experience if add and remove users .. inbetween applications
then they become copys of themselfs .. and the only way removing them is to first remove the admin-flag and then delete in all applications.

as example .. you add a vehicle in vehicle tracker.
and then add a new application and give this "vehicle" admin permission for the new application.

and deltee the vehicle in the old application .. its become undeleteable in the new one ..

just log in as another admin or as the person itself ..
and uncheck the admin flag ... then can remove the user ;-)

however .. this is not a real bug ... just somethigns need to know .. and i dont think this is happen many times.
i used this scenario to "move" a user into another application.

--
Backups are for WIMPS!

user24

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:43 pm

Hello Ian, as altf4 says users are harder to remove if they are members in several different applications. The easiest way to get rid of them is to login as another Application Admin and remove their admin rights, and then delete them. Also note that it is possible to delete a whole application if you wish from the SiteAdmin GUI, and this will remove all users that are members in that application only.

If youre not quite sure what users that currently exist in the database you can always see all existing users by searching for them in the Edit-function for applications:
Login as SiteAdmin -> Select Application Management -> select Update application (any application) -> click "Add Administrator user" -> Add exiting Admin-user -> with a * in the search-field youll get a list of all users.

/ With regards
Franson support

GPS Tracking

iantull

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks altf4 and schmorgen, that worked fine, I now have reconfigured my users correctly. As this is the first time on this product for me I expect a few user (me) problems.

Ian

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”