Bjorn_Andersson
GpsGate

GpsGate Server v1.3.1 (build 456)

Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:57 pm

GpsGate Server v1.3.1 (build 456)
* New Features
--> Multi language support with separated language files for easy translation (utf-8).
--> Easy customization of "look'n feel" with your own logo and color theme
--> More map projections supported in custom maps, example Polar.
--> Login from other sites and domains.

* Bug fixes
--> Vehicles not updating live in map view under some circumstances.
--> Many minor improvements.

Regards,
The Franson Development Team

onesoftuk

RE: GpsGate Server v1.3.1 (build 456)

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm

GpsGate Server installed correctly, updates where found and applied but vehicle tracker shows Version: 1.2.0.410

Some functions are missing compared to what Gpsgate.com has like Delete on the Tracks (Selected Vehicles)panel.

How do i check for these new updates?

Regards,

Peter

johan
GpsGate

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:51 pm

You start by installing the latest version :-) You find it here:
http://franson.com/gpsgateserver/download.asp

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

onesoftuk

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi have made some changes in the VehicleTracker UI, i will need to redo this if i make a new install, is there any way to simply upgrade the version?

Fredrik

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Originally posted by onesoftuk

Hi have made some changes in the VehicleTracker UI, i will need to redo this if i make a new install, is there any way to simply upgrade the version?
Upgrading to a newer version will not take any custom modifications into account. You will have to take a backup of those files and redo it. If you use some kind of diff/merge program (see for example http://winmerge.org/) it should be slightly less painful at least.

Out of curiosity, what kind of modifications have you made? Perhaps there are some changes we could include in future releases? We strive to increase the configurability and could/will try to expose more options.
If you have input on improvements/features just tell us!

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

onesoftuk

Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:50 pm

There where only minor changes in the UI (css) and default centre of google maps, we will soon start to work inside GpsGate and post you any ideas or changes we plan to make before proceeding incase you have similar plans.

I.e. status message i think you have planned for later this year and we also have some needs for that.
We have a IM application that we would like to intgrate with gpsgate if possible.

Fredrik

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Originally posted by onesoftuk

There where only minor changes in the UI (css) and default centre of google maps,Ok, being able to save your preferred map center is something we definitely will try to support (pretty silly it isn't already in there actually..)

we will soon start to work inside GpsGate and post you any ideas or changes we plan to make before proceeding incase you have similar plans.Sound good!

I.e. status message i think you have planned for later this year and we also have some needs for that.
We have a IM application that we would like to intgrate with gpsgate if possible.
Sounds interesting, as said, we're currently working on a more general messaging framework and IM could certainly be one of the use-cases. Regarding integration, in what way would you like to see IM integrated? "only" in the GUI or do you have needs for database access or such?

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

onesoftuk

Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:49 pm

We have a Java IM client and will soon be making a .net compact version for PDA device, our IM application is used to send work orders to the clients (Java /PDA) the client sends status updates back to the IM server (i.e. order acepted, on route to order, collected order, almost complete order, complete) we would like to show the details of the order on GpsGate, i want to show the status by colouring the user icon on the map , and have a bubble on click of icon showing the current order details.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

onesoftuk

Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Sorry forgot to ask - have you had any experience with using Mappoint 2006 as a mapping client?
I would like to make a desktop client using Mappoint 2006 for the IM integration in addition to a VehicleTracker.

johan
GpsGate

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:00 pm

GpsGate Server 1.4 will feature more support for custom status and message information. But independent on if you stay on 1.3 and customize it or migrate to 1.4 when it is released, you will have a lot of customization to do.

I think it is a good idea to post new questions in new topics, if you do, it is more likely you get the attantion from more users.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

onesoftuk

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:38 pm

Any indication of a release date?

johan
GpsGate

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:46 pm

GpsGate Server 1.4 is currently scheduled for release beginning of April.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”