borealys

Suggest

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:26 pm

Good evening,
I'm a huge user of your application.
As a result I have some ideas to improve some aspects.
Sometimes, my GPS Gate software on my PPc creates a point near equator, south of Togo, always the same, but due to it, my track is not workable anymore at the end, for debriefings.
Given this, I this it would be nice to be given the ability to drop some points, as it is done with the tracks, by clicking right side of these points. Would it b possible later?
Best regards.

johan
GpsGate

RE: Suggest

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 am

Yes, it sounds like a good feature to be able to hide points. We'll consider this for coming versions of GpsGate.

Which version of GpsGate Client / Server are you using? In GpsGate Server 1.3 points at 0,0 should be ignored.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

borealys

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:58 am

Thanks,
I'm using GpsGate 2.6.0.290.
Otherwise, I have some other ideas if you want: it should be usefull to be able to rename the tracks or to organise them in customizable folders. On top of that, I thing I would be happy to change the color of the tracks sometimes.
Otherwise, is there a lmit for the tracks i can upload? Is there a backup feature?
Regards.
"borealys"

johan
GpsGate

Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:52 am

Yes, renaming and setting other properties to a track like color is something we will do. Organizing them in categories or folders would also be of great value. We will look into this for coming versions of GpsGate.com / Server.

There is no limit in track uploads. You can export tracks to KML or CSV format if you subscribe to a VehcileTracker account (which I think you have?)

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

altf4

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:56 pm

Originally posted by borealys

Thanks,
I'm using GpsGate 2.6.0.290.

looks more like a bug in the clientsoftware ..

submitting position without fix or so .. (i'm just guessing)

the most hardware does submit the fixing status too wich gpsgate server uses to check if the info is valid or not ... sadly the information that the device was "there" but without position is not used ..

i just wrote some kind of "driver" converting gprs strings from TwinMask Trackers to a compatible format. there i had the same problem that the reciever does submit positions even if not fixed.

--
Backups are for WIMPS!

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”