SLau

Follow selected user or vehicle

Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:41 am

Hi,

I have installed GpsGate Server 1.1 Build 148, I can't see and follow the person or vehicle over the map when I access the Buddy Tracker or Vehicle Tracker and select Follow selected user (Buddy Tracker) or follow selected vehicle even that in both pages I can see that I'm successfully sending data, if I go to preferences in Buddy Tracker I can see that the marker is correctly positioned and the coordinates are ok.

I also have a problem in the evenviewer when accesing both applications, events like this are registered;

C:\Archivos de programa\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt: Can't find file: '.\locations\group_rightsèc²$-èc².frm' (errno: 22)

However if I go to the Buddy Tracker and select my tracks, I can access and see the information.

I would really appreciate if someone can give me feedback soon.

Best Regards.

SLau

RE: Follow selected user or vehicle

Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:27 am

Hi,

I have solve the problem of following selected user or vehicle and the markers using another browser, I decided to test using Netscape 8.0 instead of IE 6 and everything works fine.

However I'm still having the strange messages about MySql in the eventviewer although the tracks are being stored in the DB, if someone knows about this please let me know.

Regards.

Fredrik

Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:28 pm

Yes, we're having problems with IE6 and markers. We're working on a solution but I can't give you a fix at the moment :(

Currently, my only guess at your MySQL problem is if it could be locale related. Perhaps you could try to use an English windows installation?

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

johan
GpsGate

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:03 pm

This issue is fixed in GpsGate Server 1.1 build 306. Can be downloaded here:
http://franson.com/gpsgateserver/download.asp

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Fredrik

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:45 pm

Addendum:
Apart from the MySQL error the IE6 marker visibility problem has also been fixed (starting with GpsGate Server 1.1 build 206, released 09/14/2007)

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”