i_am_rufus

Tracking on GPSGate Server

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:02 am

On GPSGate.com, using the buddy tracker, when looking at the tracks at the bottom of the screen there are multiple entries for each journey, but when using the same feature on GPSGate Server there is only one continuous track being shown, starting when the first time the user was visible and running up to the last time it was seen, with the track being added to each time the user is seen again. Is there something that must be done to reset the track so a new one starts automatically such as the case seems to be using the same thing on GPSGate.com?

johan
GpsGate

RE: Tracking on GPSGate Server

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:51 pm

How a track is recorded is determined by something called "Track Recorder". In GpsGate Server 1.1 build 148 (and earlier) there is no GUI to set those parameters, but you can set them directly in the database.

Here is the track_recorder table:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE track_recorder (
	track_recorder_id int4 NOT NULL auto_increment,
	bo_type varchar(64) NOT NULL, 			-- .NET class
	name varchar(64) default NULL,			-- Name of recorder

owner_id int4 NOT NULL,						-- User this track belongs to

track_info_id int4 default NULL,			-- track_info to record data to
	recording int4 default 0,					-- Set to 1 if this track is recording

last_track_data_id int8 default NULL,		-- Last track_data saved by this track_recorder (what to calculate delta against).

-- Conditions for when next track_data is saved
	-- The conditions are or:ed, NULL turns a condition off
	time_filter double default 0,			-- Time in seconds till saving a new track_data
	distance_filter double default 0,		-- Traveled distance (meters) to save new track_data
	direction_filter double default 0,		-- Direction change in degrees on track to save new track_data
	direction_threshold double default 10,	-- Used when direction_filter is active. Minimum distance traveled for rec_degree to be active
	speed_filter double default 0, 		-- Speed change in m/s to save a new track_data

-- Conditions for starting a new track_info (with same track_recorder, and a copy of the attributes in track_info)
	-- The conditions are or:ed, NULL turns a condition off
	restart_time double default NULL,			-- Time of inactivity (no incoming data) until new track_info is created.
	restart_distance double default NULL,		-- Jump in distance without any data to create new track_info

PRIMARY KEY (track_recorder_id),
	CONSTRAINT FK_track_info_1 FOREIGN KEY FK_track_info_1 (track_info_id)
		REFERENCES track_info (track_info_id)
		ON DELETE CASCADE
		ON UPDATE CASCADE,
	CONSTRAINT FK_user_1 FOREIGN KEY FK_user_1 (owner_id)
		REFERENCES users (user_id)
		ON DELETE CASCADE
		ON UPDATE CASCADE
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

You can for example set "restart_time" to a value of 7200 if you want a new track to be created after 2 hours of inactivity.

By setting things like "time_filter", you can control the resolution of the track.

We will include a better way to control those settings soon in a coming service update of GpsGate Server, but for now you need to access the DB directly.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

i_am_rufus

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:34 am

Thankyou very much - that's excellent, covers everything I need to know. [:D]

jvanooteghem

Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:12 am

I adjusted the setting in the table track_recorder "restart_time" to 300 seconds and my only unit was idle for 30 minutes and it did not start a new track. I even went so far as to restart the server. Am I missing something? Can I create a new track manually? Thanks.

JR

johan
GpsGate

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:05 pm

Maybe you changed the value for the wrong user? We have done kind of thorough testing around this and it should work.

In the next service release of GpsGate Server (out in about 2 weeks) we will have a GUI for those settings.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

johan
GpsGate

Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:29 pm

You need GpsGate Server 1.1 build 148 or later. Maybe you have build 62 ?

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

jvanooteghem

Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:11 pm

Ah, I dont think I read into it enough. I need to add a user in the track_info table as well? I dont really understand the previous directions you have up. I'll give it some tweaking and see what happens.

JR

johan
GpsGate

Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:12 pm

No, you need to change the data for an existing user. Each user has one row in the track_recorder table.

As previously said, we will add a GUI to this in the next release.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

jvanooteghem

Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:54 pm

I appreciate it!

JR

Fredrik

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:33 pm

* Update
Starting from GpsGate Server release 1.1 build 232 (09/21/2007) you can now control the track recorder filters in the BuddyTracker preferences panel (VehicleTracker will get the same feature soon).

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”