max_2

How to add SANAV to server

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:50 pm

Hi

I've installed GpsGateServer 1.1 Built 62.
you send me a link to setup SANAV device to send information to GpsGate.com , but how I can set them to send information to my server?

Thank you,
Max

max_2

RE: How to add SANAV to server

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi again

I've seen following topic to add a generic device to server.
I done everything but still data doesn't show on th map!!
I cheched device (GC101) and my server both of them communicating over TCP/IP and data that sent by devive reach to server on port 30176 but GpsGateServer doesn't have any record of data!
Please advise where I have to check....

http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5896

How to connect "any" GPS/GPRS device to GpsGate Server
The generic protocol adapter works with about 90% of the GPS/GPRS devices on the market

After installing GpsGate Server 1.1 build 102 (or later), please follow those steps:

1. Stop the "Franson NMEA Service". Log in as site administrator, go to the "NMEA Service" tab and click "Stop".

2. Edit the File "GpsGate.Service.exe.config". You find it in the "Franson NMEA Service" directory where the files are installed. (Or simply search for it on your server hard disk.)

3. Make the changes marked in bold

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<!--- Change the Databasetype to MsSQL if you are using Microsoft SQL Server -->
<!-- and MySQL if you are using a MySQL server. -->
<add key ="DatabaseType" value="MySQL"/>
<add key ="NmeaPort" value="30175"/>
<add key ="UdpNmeaPort" value="30175"/>
<add key ="SmartPipeUdpPort" value="30176"/>
<add key ="SmartPipeTcpPort" value="30176"/>
</appSettings>
<connectionStrings>
<!-- This is the connection string for connection to a MySQL server using an ODBC connection. -->
<!-- If you are using DSN, you basiclly only need a DSN name, othwerise you need to specify -->
<!-- DATABASE, UID, Password, Server -->
<add name="ConnStr" connectionString ="DSN=GpsGateServer;"/>
</connectionStrings>
</configuration>

4. Start the "Franson NMEA Service". Log in as site administrator, go to the "NMEA Service" tab and click "Start".

5. Open port 30176 for TCP/IP and UDP in your firewall, and direct the traffic to the server you installed GpsGate Server on.

6. Configure your device to send data to your server. Remember to use the IP address to your firewall (if you have one). Or otherwise directly to your server.

7. Now for each user, add the device's IMEI number. You do this in the web interface for each application. You find more information about this in the GpsGate Server Manual.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

johan
GpsGate

Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:40 am

You say you have installed GpsGate Server 1.1 build 62, the "SmartPipe" is only available on GpsGate Server 1.1 build 148 and later.

What kind of device is "GC101"? Do you have a link?

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

max_2

Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:56 am

Hi,

Server is upgraded to build 148 already.
GC101 is from SANAV,device send IMEI+$GPRMC to server over TCP ,UDP or HTTP.
If you remember you have sent me a link to work with gpsgate.com (http://sanav.gpsgate.com/sanav.aspx)
so it means you know the device and you have all information for device.

Thank you,
Max

johan
GpsGate

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:25 am

If you send data over TCP/IP to smartpipe.gpsgate.com port 30176, does that work? That is can you make it work on GpsGate.com using TCP/IP?

The http support is not included in GpsGate Server build 148, it will be in next release. But it works on GpsGate.com, SmartPipe UDP and TCP is included in build 148.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

max_2

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:50 pm

yes, it's working but instead of smartpipe.gpsgate.com should be 69.64.76.210 (your IP address) because over TCP in SANAV setup you can put only IP address.

oh thanks, it's working with my GpsGate Server as well.(it was my mistake port 30176 was routed to other server in network)

Thank you,
Max

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”